Lafayette General Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MRI Technologist-LGMC MRI-PRN in Lafayette, LA at Lafayette General Health
at Lafayette General Health
Employment Status: PRN
TheMRI Technologist performs a variety of diagnostic MRI exams. This employee willbe responsible for successfully working with patients of all ages with a varioustypes of medical problems and assists the directing physician in theperformance of examinations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs MRI procedures in accordance with theestablished professional and department standards and protocols.
2. Confirm patient identification verbally and IDbracelet.
3. Instructs or assist the patient with changing into agown.
4. Verifies patient history is correct and explains theprocedure.
5. Courteously answers the telephone, takes messages andtransfers calls as indicated.
6. Gives verbal reports to doctor’s offices asrequested. Also faxes reports to officeswhen needed.
7. Practice proper MRI safety techniques.
8. Is able to demonstrate the knowledge and skillsnecessary to provide care to neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, and geriatricpatients. Is able to assess the patient’s status, communicate effectively, andprovide care for each age group.
9. Maintains strictest patient confidentiality inaccordance with HIPPA compliance.
10. Responsiblefor ordering and stocking supplies and linen in the MRI rooms.
11. Assistin the movement of patients to and from wheelchair, stretchers and beds on andoff the MRI table.
12. Putsservice request for maintenance, clinical engineer and IT departments.
13. Demonstratesconsistent and appropriate use of engineering controls, work practice controlsand personal protective equipment as directed by OSHA’s blood borne pathogensstandard.
14. Abidesall compliance requirements and policies and performs these responsibilities inan ethical manner consistent with the organization’s mission and vision.
15. Isavailable to perform diagnostic X-ray procedures when not performing MRI exams.
16. Explainsthe procedure and post examination care to the patient and family members usingAIDET principles. Provides radiation protection for patients, family, andemployees.
17. Reviewsthe physician’s orders before proceeding with the exam.
18. Initiateand care for intravenous access in all patients.
19. Administercontrast medium as directed by physician.
20. Performspost processing on required procedures.
21. Observespatient and machine during procedure and reports unusual occurrences andrecords patient’s condition.
22. Ensuresthat correct patient data matches the processed images.
23. Maintainsan orderly, clean, and adequately stocked room and / or work area.
24. Performsstandard quality control functions.
25. Responsiblefor transporting patients to and from the Emergency Department and floors ifnecessary.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Tech (ARRT) preferred.
- Advanced registry in MRI preferred.
- Certified in CPR within 30 days of employment and recertified each year thereafter.
- Licensed by the State of Louisiana in diagnostic radiology or maintains an American Registry of MRI certification required.
- One year of experience as a radiologic technologist preferred.
PHYSICALDEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Medium Work as defined by the U.S. Departmentof Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50 pounds on occasion and/or amaximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis
• Maybe required to assist in the turning, lifting, or moving patients as well as
walking about from patients’ rooms, as well asto and from various hospital areas
Formal application;verification of education, and experience; verification of license(s),certification(s), registration(s), accreditation(s) if applicable; oralinterview, reference and background checks; job related tests may be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must comply with all SERVICE Standards of Behavior