Lafayette General Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nuclear Medicine Tech-LGMC Nuclear Medicine-PRN in Lafayette, LA at Lafayette General Health
at Lafayette General Health
Employment Status: PRN
Performsa variety of Nuclear Medicine exams. This employee will be responsible forsuccessfully working with patients of all ages with a various types of medicalproblems. Assists the directing physician in the performance of examinations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Settingequipment and positioning the patient for all types of Nuclear Medicine imagingprocedures.
2. Explainsthe procedure and post examination care to the patient and family members. Provides radiation protection for patients,family, and employees.
3. Reviews thephysician’s orders before proceeding with the exam.
4. Initiates and providescare for intravenous access in all patients.
5. Administersradiopharmaceuticals as directed by physician.
6. Performs requiredexams as specified by the physician or clinical protocols.
7. Observes patientand machine during procedure and reports unusual occurrences and records patient’s condition.
8. Ensures thatcorrect patient data matches the processed images.
9. Perform wipe tests of facility andmaintain adequate records.
10. Maintains an orderly, clean, andadequately stocked room and work area.
11. Iflicensed as a radiologic technologist performs radiological duties when notperforming Nuclear Medicine exams.
12. Must be able to demonstrate theknowledge and skills necessary to provide care to neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, and geriatricpatients. Must be able to assess the patient’s status, communicate effectively,and provide care for each age group.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Preferred registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Tech (AART).
- Certified in CPR within 90 days of employment and recertified each year thereafter.
- Licensed by the State of Louisiana in Nuclear Medicine.
- One year of experience as a Nuclear Medicine technologist preferred.
PHYSICALDEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Medium Work asdefined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50pounds on occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis
• May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, ormoving patients as well as walking about from patients’ rooms, as well as toand from various hospital areas
Formal application;verification of education, and experience; verification of license(s),certification(s), registration(s), accreditation(s) if applicable; oralinterview, reference and background checks; job related tests may be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must comply with all SERVICE Standards of Behavior