Lafayette General Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nuclear Medicine Tech-SMH-Full Time in Breaux Bridge, LA at Lafayette General Health
at Lafayette General Health
Location: SMH Nuc Med
Employment Status: FT
Performs a variety of Nuclear Medicine exams. This employee will be responsible for successfully working with patients of all ages
with a various types of medical problems. Assists the directing physician in the performance of examinations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Setting equipment and positioning the patient for all types of Nuclear Medicine imaging procedures.
2. Explains the procedure and post examination care to the patient and family members. Provides radiation protection for
patients, family, and employees.
3. Reviews the physician’s orders before proceeding with the exam.
4. Initiates and provides care for intravenous access in all patients.
5. Administers radiopharmaceuticals as directed by physician.
6. Performs required exams as specified by the physician or clinical protocols.
7. Observes patient and machine during procedure and reports unusual occurrences and
records patient’s condition.
8. Ensures that correct patient data matches the processed images.
9. Perform wipe tests of facility and maintain adequate records.
10. Maintains an orderly, clean, and adequately stocked room and work area.
11. If licensed as a radiologic technologist performs radiological duties when not performing Nuclear Medicine exams.
12. Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, and
geriatric patients. Must be able to assess the patient’s status, communicate effectively, and provide care for each age group.
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Preferred registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Tech (AART).
3. Certified in CPR within 90 days of employment and recertified each year thereafter.
4. Licensed by the State of Louisiana in Nuclear Medicine.
5. One year of experience as a Nuclear Medicine technologist preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
? Medium Work as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50 pounds on occasion and/or a
maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis
? May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, or moving patients as well as walking about from patients’ rooms, as well as to
and from various hospital areas