Lafayette General Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Accounts Supervisor-LGH Patient Accounts-Full Time in Lafayette, LA at Lafayette General Health
at Lafayette General Health
Location: 900 BUILDING
Employment Status: FT
Responsiblefor a fully integrated billing and collection process, ensuring the timely andaccurate submission of claims and the timely and accurate collection of thirdparty and private pay accounts. Coordinates the functions of the departmentwith management of Access, Medical Records and Information Systems to ensure asmooth billing and payment cycle. Also responsible for referrals of accounts toattorney and collection agency. Responsible for cash applications within thedepartment and data integrity. Responsible for keeping abreast of and meetingall payer contract requirements and education of staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Communicates changes inprocedures and other appropriate communication to staff and provides feedbackfrom staff to Director. Acts as liaison between Director and staff.
2. Develop and ensure asystematic and fully integrated billing and collection process. This requiresongoing procedures for securing and analyzing information concerning thirdparty coverage and the patient’s ability to meet hospital expenses.
3. Maintains required recordsand reports.
4. Provides leadership for staffwhile allowing for growth and development of staff.
5. Ensure appropriate follow upprocedure with third party payers and patients to achieve collection ofaccounts.
6. Establish and implementcontrols to ensure appropriate billing cycles.
7. Ensure adequate controls forcollection of proper contractual payments.
8. Evaluate patient coverageand determine whether benefits are being exhausted.
9. Maintain full documentationof billing and collection steps taken, communication and schedules forcollection and follow-up.
10. Keep informed of allreimbursement procedures of third parties and collection laws.
11. Sets specific standards andobjectives for intra departmental processes collaboratively with Director andother management staff.
12. Provides orientation,training, and information concerning continuing education for staff, andparticipates in the formal teaching program/in-service education as required.Is instrumental in assuring staff training and competency in all disciplines.
13. Delegates responsibilitieswithin the scope of personnel abilities.
14. Makes daily workassignments, and responds quickly and appropriately to flex schedules to coverunexpected, unplanned staff deficiencies.
15. Works collaboratively withthe department Director, assists with department budgets, and assists withmonitoring and reporting compliance.
16. Determine accounts to bereferred to attorney or collection agency.
17. Ensure adequate controls arein place for effective cash balancing and petty cash is adequately maintained.
18. Maintain an up to datepolicy and procedure manual so that staff are properly guided.
19. Demonstrates excellentcustomer service skills.
20. Recruitment and evaluationsof personnel and education and training of staff.
21. Maintain quality assurancestandards and accurate measures
22. Keep theDirector of Patient Financial Services informed of the status of the PatientAccounts Operation
23. Assist the Director inmanagement of the department.
24. Performs other supervisingduties as needed and assigned.
25. Maintains up to date billingedits for third party payer requirements
26. Responsiblefor electronic funds transfer for third party payers and being proactive insetting these up, maintaining EOB details.
27. Meet A/RTargets established.
28. Keep abreast of softwareissues affecting A/R efficiency.
29. Stays alert to new payerbilling requirements and building these edits in our electronic billing systemto insure clean claims.
30. Monitors claims returned toProvider regularly putting new controls in place to prevent return of futureclaims.
31. Looks for Payer paymentpattern issues, addresses and brings to Director’s attention.
32. Monitors A/R reports weeklyand reviews staff productivity to insure quick payment turn around.
33. Works with staff on problemaccounts detected early in payment cycle.
34. Meets with staff regularlyand continues taking action to keep staff motivated individually.
35. Works to meet establishedgoals set for department.
1. Minimum High School graduate required.
2. Minimum 2 years advanced education with courses in business management,accounting, English.
3. Minimum 3 years experience in office management, preferably in ahospital or similar institution.
4. Additional experience may be substituted for education.
PHYSICALDEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Work is sedentary.
- Work is inside.
- Talking and hearing and good listening skills important to communicate effectively with patients, customers and subordinates.
Formal application;verification of education, and experience; verification of license(s),certification(s), registration(s), accreditation(s) if applicable; oralinterview, reference and background checks; job related tests may be required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of thevarious types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them fromthe position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreementbetween the Hospital/Clinic and the employee. The job description is subject to change as the needs of the Hospital/Clinicand requirements of the job change.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must comply with all SERVICE Standards of Behavior