Lafayette General Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Phlebotomist-LGMC Lab-Part Time in Lafayette, LA at Lafayette General Health
at Lafayette General Health
Employment Status: PT
The Phlebotomist is primarily responsible for phlebotomy procedures. Will assists in charting and other clerical duties of the
department. The Phlebotomist must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the
neonate, pediatric, adolescent and geriatric patient served. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principals of growth and
development over the life span and possess the ability to assess date reflective of the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate
information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his or her neonate, pediatric, adolescent or geriatric needs, and to
provide the care needed as described in the unit’s department policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintains collection tray and working area in a sanitary condition.
2. Follows proper patient identification policy.
3. Draws blood from patients and returns specimens to pathology for analysis to establish procedures.
4. Labels all specimens with date, initials and time received.
5. Accurately logs in date and time drawn of all specimens in the lab computer system.
6. Uses lab computer to generate labels, reports, and inquiries as needed.
7. Assists couriers and clerical personnel when necessary.
8. Assists with supply inventory and stocking of received supplies.
9. Responsible in an appropriate manner to Stat, Timed and Routine orders as well as Codes as assigned.
10. Reviews all computer printouts on patient phlebotomy requests for pertinent demographic and clinical information.
11. Prioritizes duties according to requests, location and specimen priority.
12. Refers questionable matters to management or technical staff.
13. Attends in-services and department meetings as required.
14. Participates in pathology quality improvement, attends and participated in lab in-services.
1. Minimum High school Graduate or equivalent.
2. Certified as phlebotomy technician by national certification exam preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
? Medium Work as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50 pounds on occasion and/or a
maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis
? May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, or moving patients as well as walking about from patients’ rooms, as well as to
and from various hospital areas
Formal application; verification of education, and experience; verification of license(s), certification(s), registration(s),
accreditation(s) if applicable; oral interview, reference and background checks; job related tests may be required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific
statements of duties does not exclude them from the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement
between the Hospital/Clinic and the employee. The job description is subject to change as the needs of the Hospital/Clinic and
requirements of the job change.