Lafayette General Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physician Practice Manager 1 - UHC Urgent Care Clinic - Full Time in Lafayette, LA at Lafayette General Health
at Lafayette General Health
ThePhysician Practice Manager I is to plan, organize, direct, and control theoperational and administrative activities of an LGMDowned medical practice(s) or UHC Clinic(s) single specialty to insure effective andefficient operation; direction of all clerical, clinic, and medical staff;establishment and ongoing evaluation of operational policies and procedures,satisfaction assurance, business development and financial management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Conducts and/or approves requests for new hires, wagechanges, performance evaluation, disciplinary action and leave of absence.
2. Performs financial analyses for the clinic/practice/locationassigned to.
3. Monitors time-keeping and reporting of personnel. Completes payroll timesheets in KRONOS.
4. Insures that work activities and processes areefficiently constructed and monitored.
5. Conducts staff meetings.
6. Motivates and trains assigned staff to interact withpatients and clients in a professional, friendly and informative manner.
7. Approves all invoices and evaluates cost savingsmeasures for all expenses.
8. Completes capital and operational budgets.
9. Develops action plans to insure budget goals are met.
10. Insurescustomer satisfaction issues are identified through satisfaction surveys andaddressed timely and appropriately.
11. Conductsdepartment meetings and attends all managers’ meetings.
12. Responsiblefor policies and procedures on all processes/protocols.
13. Assumesother duties as assigned.
14. Developsand monitors compliance with completion of departmental quality controlprocedures.
15. Insurescompliance with Medicare and HCFA regulatory requirements.
16. InsuresHealth Insurance Portability and Accountability Act is adhered.
17. Establishesand maintains effective cash management procedures.
18. Monitorssupply utilization per established inventory guidelines, vendor invoices forcompliance with agreed upon pricing.
19. Insuresefficient patient flow through “time studies.”
20. Createspolicies and procedures to comply with the organization and governmentalstandards.
21. Monitorsand makes recommendations on effectiveness of reference lab services (testreliability, reference ranges, courier services and reporting).
22. Monitorspayers’ contract/fee schedules to ensure accurate reimbursement is received andcontract language is being followed.
23. Ensuresaccurate CPT and ICD-9 coding.
24. Establishesand directs continuous quality improvement to continually evaluate and improveupon all aspects of system utilization and billing operations.
1. Bachelor’s degree in a health related field OR aminimum of 5 years management experience in the operation of physician practices/clinicsrequired OR LPN.
2. Demonstrated ability to work effectively withphysicians, patients and other medical professionals.
3. Must possess communication skills necessary tointerface with physicians, employees, patients, and general public in a tactful,confidential and diplomatic manner.
4. Must have problem solving skills, creativity,initiative, patience, and analytical ability.
5. Experience in finance, accounting, business developmentand information systems required.
PHYSICALDEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Medium Work as defined bythe U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50 pounds onoccasion and/or a maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis
• Maybe required to assist in the turning, lifting, or moving patients as well as
walking about from patients’ rooms, aswell as to and from various hospital areas