Lafayette General Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Surgical Rad Tech-LGMC Radiology-Full Time in Lafayette, LA at Lafayette General Health
at Lafayette General Health
Employment Status: FT
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Prepares contrast media, and other chemical mixturesfor x-ray procedures.
2. Prepares patient for x-ray images, explains theprocedures using AIDET, transfers patient onand off the x-ray table, positions patient, and assists patient at end ofprocedures.
3. Follows prescribed techniques in obtaining general andspecific x-ray images.
4. Adjust equipment; immobilization and support devices toobtain proper position of patient; uses radiation protection methods.
5. Produces images using computed and digital radiographytechniques.
6. Effectively uses the computer for various functions.
7. Observes patient during procedure and reports unusualoccurrences.
8. Documents in Electronic Medical Record as needed.
9. Reviews orders in the electronic medical chart beforeproceeding with exam.
10. Identifies patients using two forms of identification.
11. Performs routine and specialty diagnostic X-Rayprocedures. Example: Portables, trauma, ER, and fluoroscopy procedures.
12. Performs advanced level cases in surgery utilizing thec-arm and o-arm.
13. Instructs, supervises, and evaluates students in theclinical setting.
14. Is able to demonstrate the knowledge and skillsnecessary to provide care to neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, and geriatricpatients.
15. Is able to assess the patient’s status,communicate effectively, and providecare for each age group.
16. Responsible for transporting patients to and from theEmergency Department and floors if necessary.
17. Adheres to prescribed standards for Radiation Safetyand patient confidentiality.
18. Abides all compliance requirements and policies andperforms these responsibilities in an ethical manner consistent with theorganization’s mission and vision.
19. Maintains an orderly, clean, and adequately stockedroom and/or work area.
1. High school graduation or equivalent.
2. Licensed by the State of Louisiana in diagnosticradiology.
3. Preferred registered by the American Registry ofRadiologic Tech (ARRT).
4. Certified in CPR within 30 days of employmentand recertified prior to expiration.
PHYSICALDEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Medium Work as defined by the U.S. Departmentof Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50 pounds on occasion and/or amaximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis
• Maybe required to assist in the turning, lifting, or moving patients as well as walking about from patients’ rooms, as well asto and from various hospital areas
Formal application;verification of education, and experience; verification of license(s),certification(s), registration(s), accreditation(s) if applicable; oralinterview, reference and background checks; job related tests may be required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of thevarious types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them fromthe position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreementbetween the Hospital/Clinic and the employee. The job description is subject to change as the needs of the Hospital/Clinicand requirements of the job change.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must comply with all SERVICE Standards of Behavior