Lafayette General Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Food Service Worker / AKMH Food Services / FT / Days
at Lafayette General Medical Center
Under the supervision of the Retail Manager, Patient Service Managers, Production Manager, and/or Catering Manager provides food preparation and
delivery services. Takes charge of the department or area in the absence of managers and supervisors, or as otherwise assigned. Acts as a resource person
for Food Service Workers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintains friendly, efficient, Spirit of Service attitude towards customers, co-workers and clients.
• Sets up and maintains assigned work area in a neat, clean, and orderly manner to facilitate efficiency and ensure food safety.
• Conscientiously completes all cleaning assignments as outlined in the Daily Sanitation Check-out Sheet.
• Adheres to all sanitation procedures.
• Adheres to all established systems and training programs to provide a safe environment. Complies with all OSHA regulations and other
local, state and federal regulations.
• Recognizes and adopts activities appropriate to the specific needs of patient/resident population and demonstrates knowledge of specific
issues directly related to age of patient/resident population.
• Maintains compliance with LGH’s standards of operation, client and within LGH’s Business Conduct Policy. Maintains all records and
reports necessary to comply with LGH government and accrediting agency standards, regulations and codes.
• Maintains compliance with all requirements of federal, state and local regulations and guidelines including the Civil Rights Act of 1964,
as amended, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, as amended, and the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended.
• Provides additional services to enhance customer service.
• Cleans tables, counters and various types of kitchen equipment and sweeps and mops floors.
Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Skill / Requirements
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
Two years’ experience in healthcare food service setting required. Ability to communicate (both verbal and written) effectively.
Ability to apply elementary math functions. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved
written or oral instructions. Ability to work well under time constraints.
Steam tables, Coffee machines, Food warmers, Counters / Tables, Knives, Tea machines,
Ice maker, Pagers, Small appliances, Beverage / Ice dispensers, Telephone, Serving utensils,
& Warming cabinet
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Medium Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.