Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Recruiting Season Outreach Assistant - TEMPORARY-PART-TIME
at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- FLSA Status
- Temporary Employee
The Recruitment Season Outreach Assistant makes outbound phone calls and sends e-mail communication to targeted contacts for the Pennies for Patients campaign. This role is responsible for creating a qualified pipeline of decision making contacts, keeping leads warm and growing the interest and commitment to LLS’ mission and programs for campaign leadership. This role also receives inbound phone calls and emails.
Works under the supervision of Student Series Campaign Manager(s), in conjunction with fellow campaign staff, to accomplish assigned duties and responsibilities.
Time Frame: Pennies for Patients Recruitment Season: August –End of January
Department: Field/Student Series
Position Classification: Temp: 20 Hours/Week. Unpaid time off during school holidays.
THIS IS A TEMPORARY, PART TIME POSITION PAID THROUGH A TEMP AGENCY.
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN METAIRIE, LOUISIANA
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Proficiently make outbound phone and acknowledgement calls to prospective and existing contacts and/or leads in order to create interest in and commitment to participation in our school events including Pennies for Patients.
• Weekly goals are set and must be met for number of commitments for Student Series programs like Pennies for Patients.
• Maintain established outbound call volume to source, establish relationships and generate qualified new lead generation for the campaign leadership. Minimum of 10 calls an hour and 40+ contacts during a 20 hour shift.
• Provide accurate follow up through proactive phone and/or e-mail communications keeping interested leads warm and engaged.
• Maintain assigned program records and files.
• Prepare assigned campaign correspondence and reports.
• Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS mission and programs to promote the field and campaign fundraising initiatives.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 1 year professional or intern – level experience in a fundraising, communications, sales, marketing or related field.
• Commitment to achieving phone calls/per day schedule and email follow up
• Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
• Experience in cold calling and sales outreach a plus.
• Experience with database management a plus.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally.
• Able to simultaneously manage a high level of detail across multiple projects.
• Able to demonstrate flexibility and quickly adapt to changes while maintaining high levels of productivity and effectiveness under pressure.
• Able to work well within a team environment, offering assistance and support to team members whenever necessary.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
• In order to perform this job successfully an individual must meet the physical requirement necessary to complete the essential job duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
• The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
• May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.