Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security / Door Host House of Blues New Orleans
at Live Nation
Who are we?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, Live Nation Media & Sponsorship and Artist Nation Management. Ticketmaster is the global event ticketing leader with nearly 465 million tickets sold and more than 12,500 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 25,500 shows annually for nearly 3,300 artists in 37 countries. Artist Nation Management is one of the world’s leading artist management companies, representing more than 350 artists. These businesses power Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to deliver music marketing programs across 900 brands enabling advertisers to tap into the over 63 million fans Live Nation Entertainment delivers annually through its live event and digital platforms. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com.
HOB Entertainment, a division of Live Nation Entertainment, offers exceptional club venues nationwide. House of Blues Venues provide several genres of live music, from Rock, Hip Hop, Country, Rock en Español, Blues, Jazz, Reggae and Pop. House of Blues venues are also known for their southern-style cuisine, juke-joint inspired atmosphere and the World Famous Gospel Brunch.
House of Blues opened its doors on Thanksgiving Day in 1992, serving its first meal to the local shelters. Since opening, House of Blues has been committed to giving back to the community through the International House of Blues Foundation.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
* Serve food and beverages to guests in a nightclub environment with a cheerful attitude.
* Anticipate and respond to guests’ needs
* Suggestively sell beverages and menu items; take orders
* Answer guest questions, make recommendations, up-sell liquors
* Communicate drink orders to bar through Point of Sales system
* Deliver drinks, maneuvering trays through large crowds
* Maintain line of sight/atmosphere control by circulating through your work area throughout shift
* Remove dirty glasses and dishes from tables including the lifting/moving of bus tubs up to 25lbs.
* Keep tables clean/wiped
* Clean spills, remove food, trash or other obstacles from floor using proper lifting techniques
* Maintain House of Blues safety and sanitation standards
* Follow housekeeping standards per HOB policy
* Keep current on all standard operating procedures
* Request identification from any guest who appears to be under 30 years of age
* Ensure responsible alcohol service per local ordinance alcohol awareness training and HOB alcohol policies
* Recognize when guests are becoming too intoxicated and refuse further service of alcohol in a courteous and safety-minded manner, bringing it to the attention of the manager
* Receive payment and process cash, credit card or Travelers check transactions according to HOB policy
* Ensure that comp and void checks are processed according to HOB policy
* Assist other servers and staff as needed
* Required to occasionally work Special Events that are scheduled throughout the venue
* (State or County Licensee or Certification Requirement)/ Responsible Alcohol Awareness Training Certification or Equivalent
* Ability to work late hours
* Flexible schedule
* Working knowledge of cocktail tray service, basic food service, responsible alcohol service, drink recipes and garnishes, point of sales systems
* 3 years work experience interacting with people in a positive environment
* Tolerance of all cultures, music and art forms
* Responsible Alcohol Awareness Training Certification or Equivalent
* Ability to deal with intoxicated guests in a positive and safety minded manner
* Cash handling experience
* Experience recognizing valid ID’s
* Experience in a live music environment
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
* Working environment is fast-paced, often loud and stressful
* Position requires extended periods of prolonged standing and working on your feet
* Must be able to lift or move up to 25 lbs using proper lifting techniques
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at http://www.livenation.com/careers/index.html to join the Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
HIRING PRACTICES The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Recognized three years in a row by Great Place to Work® and named one of People Magazine’s top 50 Companies that Care, Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.
We recognize that our most important assets are our employees, the rock stars who keep the live experience going. Generous vacation, healthcare, and retirement benefits are just some of the great perks we offer to support our global workforce of more than 38,000. For any stage in your career, our many unique benefit programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest. We offer student loan repayment to support recent grads, six months of paid caregiver leave to support new parents, perks like Roadie Babies (bring your little ones & a caretaker along with you on work trips) and Music @ Home (stipend to cultivate your little ones’ music interest), and tuition reimbursement to fuel your ongoing professional development. Plus, working for the world's largest live event and ticketing company means you'll have access to free concerts, festivals, sports games, and more through our exclusive employee ticket concierge.
There is no bigger stage for your career. See what your future looks like at Live Nation Entertainment.