Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Special Events Captain
at Live Nation
- Responsible for the coordination and execution of all events contracted by the Sales Department.
- Coordinate all aspects of operational set-up and break down of events (equipment needs, rental needs, and station set-up)
- Assists with Production department all aspects needed for an event
- Liaison between client and House of Blues Team Members throughout the event
- Executes admission tickets and retail requests for Special Events
- Verbally communicate in a calm, positive demeanor, during the course of the function with the kitchen, service, beverage, as well as the guest host to ensure timely execution of events, quality of service and adherence to all applicable federal, state and local safety & health regulations and HOB standards
- Must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific HOB standard)
- Handle all aspects of the Special Event once the special event order (SEO) has been distributed
- Due to the nature of the hospitality industry; you may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the venue
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
- Knowledge of all appropriate table settings and etiquette
- Working knowledge of fine dining, strong food and wine knowledge and sequence of service (specific to Foundation Rooms).
- Ability to operate various food and beverage equipment present at a functions
Working Environment / Physical Activities
- Physical activities include walking, talking, seeing, hearing, pushing, balancing, stooping, crouching, kneeling, handling, fingering. Must be able to grasp and hold very small objects
- Ability to walk and stand for long period of time
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 35 pounds
- Ability to work in a very fast paced environment with considerable noise and interruptions. Must be able to change activity frequently
In addition to the performance of essential job functions the Logistics Manager will be evaluated on the following leadership qualities:
- Working Relationships
- Judgment / Accountability
- Quality / Accuracy of Work
- Dependability / Reliability
- Communication (Written and Verbal)
- Development (self and subordinate)
- Reaching profit margins for enhancements sold
- High School Diploma
- Working knowledge of Restaurant & Music Hall Operations; event planning, food preparation & presentation, menu planning, food costing, computers (word processing, database spreadsheets)
- Exhibits positive attitudes; excellent written and verbal communication; high level of organizational and follow-through skills; communicates assertively; maintains personal integrity
- Ability to handle various projects at one time make good decisions; delegates; follow up; communicate with staff and guests in a positive manner
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
- Work environment is fast-paced
- Position requires extended periods of prolonged standing, bending, stooping, and reaching
- Must be able to lift or move up to 25 lbs using proper lifting techniques
- Tolerance of loud noises
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at http://www.livenation.com/careers/index.html to join the Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Recognized three years in a row by Great Place to Work® and named one of People Magazine’s top 50 Companies that Care, Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.
We recognize that our most important assets are our employees, the rock stars who keep the live experience going. Generous vacation, healthcare, and retirement benefits are just some of the great perks we offer to support our global workforce of more than 38,000. For any stage in your career, our many unique benefit programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest. We offer student loan repayment to support recent grads, six months of paid caregiver leave to support new parents, perks like Roadie Babies (bring your little ones & a caretaker along with you on work trips) and Music @ Home (stipend to cultivate your little ones’ music interest), and tuition reimbursement to fuel your ongoing professional development. Plus, working for the world's largest live event and ticketing company means you'll have access to free concerts, festivals, sports games, and more through our exclusive employee ticket concierge.
There is no bigger stage for your career. See what your future looks like at Live Nation Entertainment.