Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Special Events Server
at Live Nation
Who are we?
Live Nation Entertainment (NYSE-LYV) was formed by the merger of Live Nation and Ticketmaster Entertainment. We are the largest live entertainment company in the world, consisting of five businesses: concert promotion and venue operations, sponsorship, ticketing solutions, e-commerce and artist management. We seek to innovate and enhance the live entertainment experience for artists and fans: before, during and after the show. In 2009, Live Nation sold 140 million tickets, promoted 21,000 concerts, partnered with 850 sponsors and averaged 25 million unique monthly users of its e-commerce sites.
HOB Entertainment, a division of Live Nation Entertainment, offers exceptional club venues nationwide. House of Blues Venues provide several genres of live music, from Rock, Hip Hop, Country, Rock en Español, Blues, Jazz, Reggae and Pop. House of Blues venues are also known for their southern-style cuisine, juke-joint inspired atmosphere and the World Famous Gospel Brunch.
House of Blues opened its doors on Thanksgiving Day in 1992, serving its first meal to the local shelters. Since opening, House of Blues has been committed to giving back to the community through the International House of Blues Foundation.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
The Banquet Server is responsible for delivering and serving food and beverage in a friendly, courteous and timely manner, focusing on exceeding guest satisfaction.
- Liaison between Sales Manager and House of Blues Team Members before, during and throughout the event
- Greeting guests in a friendly and courteous manner explaining all specials, promotions and food items on the menu, and assemble food orders
- Set banquet tables to meet the function specifications
- Set/display food and beverages on buffet tables for delivery to function guests requiring buffet service
- Serves at Food and Beverage Functions in accordance with Banquet Event Orders, Banquet Service policies, Banquet Management instruction.
- Bus (remove, replace and clear) during and after service, as well as assist in the clearing of banquet rooms at end of service and the reset or refreshing of the room for the next event, as necessary.
- Return all equipment to their proper storage area and maintain cleanliness and organization.
- Anticipate and respond to guests' needs; make sure guest service is friendly, helpful and fast
- Answer guest questions, make recommendations regarding menu pricing, preparation, ingredients and plate presentation, up-sell liquors
- Sell the house! Have knowledge of all music, promotional or special events in the venue
- Suggestively sell beverages and menu items; take orders
- Deliver drinks, maneuvering trays through large crowds
- Maintain line of sight/atmosphere control by circulating through your work area throughout shift
- Remove dirty glasses, dishes, ashtrays from tables, including the lifting/moving of bus tubs up to 25lbs.
- Clean spills, remove food, trash or other obstacles from floor using proper lifting techniques
- Maintain House of Blues safety and sanitation standards
- Follow housekeeping standards per HOB policy
- Keep current on all standard operating procedures
- Request identification from any guest who appears to be under 30 years of age
- Ensure responsible alcohol service per local ordinance alcohol awareness training and HOB alcohol policies
- Recognize when guests are becoming too intoxicated and refuse further service of alcohol in a courteous and safety-minded manner, bringing it to the attention of the manager
- Receive payment and process cash, credit card or Travelers check transactions according to HOB policy
- Assist other servers and staff as needed
- Attend pre-shift meeting conducted by Manager on Duty prior to start of each shift
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Flexible schedule
- Working Knowledge of basic food service, responsible alcohol service, drink recipes and garnishes, point of sales systems
- 2 years work Full Service or Banquet experience interacting with people in a positive environment
- Ability to deal with intoxicated guests in a positive and safety minded manner
- Must have a valid alcohol awareness certification or be capable of obtaining certification
- Tolerance of all cultures, music and art forms
- Previous Fine Dining Experience
- Previous Serving experience in the Hotel and/or Hospitality Industry
- Cash handling experience
- Experience recognizing valid ID's
- Experience in a live music environment
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
- Working environment is fast-paced, often loud and stressful
- Position requires extended periods of prolonged standing and working on your feet
- Must be able to lift or move up to 25 lbs using proper lifting techniques
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at http://www.livenation.com/careers/index.html to join the Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Recognized three years in a row by Great Place to Work® and named one of People Magazine’s top 50 Companies that Care, Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.
We recognize that our most important assets are our employees, the rock stars who keep the live experience going. Generous vacation, healthcare, and retirement benefits are just some of the great perks we offer to support our global workforce of more than 38,000. For any stage in your career, our many unique benefit programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest. We offer student loan repayment to support recent grads, six months of paid caregiver leave to support new parents, perks like Roadie Babies (bring your little ones & a caretaker along with you on work trips) and Music @ Home (stipend to cultivate your little ones’ music interest), and tuition reimbursement to fuel your ongoing professional development. Plus, working for the world's largest live event and ticketing company means you'll have access to free concerts, festivals, sports games, and more through our exclusive employee ticket concierge.
There is no bigger stage for your career. See what your future looks like at Live Nation Entertainment.