Louisiana Department of Civil Service
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electrical Instructor – Sabine Campus
at Louisiana Department of Civil Service
Job Reference #: 2429961
Overall Job Objective
- Supplemental Information
CLTCC needs a full time (09 month) electrical instructor with any combination of the following experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Commercial electrical applications
- Motors and generators
- Motor controls
- Communication systems
- Industrial power distribution
- Meets with companies to assess industrial training needs and creates training proposals to meet those needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills.
- AS or BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Technology or related field preferred..
- Practical work/educational experience in one or more of the following electrical subject areas:
- Applied knowledge focusing on Allen Bradley and/or Siemens PLC and HMI hardware and software.
- Working knowledge of Industrial Automation networks.
- Electrical Construction Field (Journeyman Status Minimum)
- Hands-on troubleshooting experience (5 years) in an industrial environment.
- Computer literate in MS Office.
- Post-secondary / adult teaching experience desirable.
Applicants must meet eligibility requirements to work in the U.S. at time of appointment.All application materials must be submitted as a complete packet and will become the property of CLTCC. Applicants who fail to submit a complete application packet will not be considered.
A complete application packet consists of:
- Cover Letter (See resume will not be sufficient)
- Official or Unofficial transcripts from all colleges attended for which degrees have been granted. Degree(s) must be posted on transcripts. Official transcripts will be required prior to employment.
- Three letters of professional recommendation for this position.
- Review of applications will begin five days after this job posting and continue until the position is filled.
Application packets should be emailed to:
Compensation will be commensurate with relevant professional experience and education.