Louisiana Department of Civil Service
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instructor (Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner)-Emergency Medicine
at Louisiana Department of Civil Service
- Supplemental Information
LSU Health Shreveport
Full-time, Part-time and PRN
Instructor (Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant)-Emergency Medicine
No Civil Service test score is required in order to be considered for this vacancy.
To apply for this vacancy, click on the "Apply" link above and complete an electronic application which can be used for this vacancy as well as future job opportunities. Applicants can check the status of their application at any time by selecting the 'Application Status' link after logging into their account. Below are the most common status messages and their meanings.
Application received- Your application has been submitted successfully.
Evaluating experience- Your application is being reviewed by Human Resources to ensure you meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
Eligible for consideration- You are among a group of applicants who MAY be selected for the position.
Referred to hiring manager for review- Your application has been delivered to the hiring manager. You may or may not be called for an interview.
Position filled- Someone has been selected for the position.
Position canceled- The agency has decided not to fill the position.
Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant, with one (1) year of professional post graduate experience required. Must have a current Louisiana, DEA, PMP license and current certifications in ACLS/BLS/PALS.
3 years of ICU/ER experience
- Job Concepts
OCHSNER LSU HEALTH SYSTEM URGENT CARE CENTERS
We're seeking certified Physician Assistants or Nurse Practitioners with a great work ethic and some urgent care, ICU or emergency medicine experience.
- Opportunity for full-time, part-time or PRN
- Urgent Care launch anticipated mid-September; 2 locations (1 - Shreveport, 1 - Bossier City)
- The successful candidate will be able to function efficiently within a busy urgent care setting seeing all spectrum of ages (6 months and up) presenting with minor medical and surgical complaints.
- Must be able to perform procedures including laceration repair, incision and drainage of abscesses, splinting and foreign body removal.
- Top of the license work
- Walk-ins, Telemedicine and Occupational Health.Collaboration can be off-site.
- We offer competitive compensation
- For Full-time positions, we offer CME, health care benefits and opportunity for career growth.
- Full-time is 40 hours/wk or 5 x 12 hour shifts (60); 2 x 9 hour shifts (18)
- 7 shifts on average per pay period; calendar month avg of 14-16 shifts
- Some weekends required