Louisiana Department of Civil Service
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Assistant Faculty
at Louisiana Department of Civil Service
- Supplemental Information
The Department of Allied Health within the Division of Nursing and Allied Health at Baton Rouge Community College (BRCC) is seeking applications for the position of a full time 9 month Medical Assistant faculty position.
This position reports to the Department Chair of Allied Health.
Starting salary will be commensurate with education and work experience. For more information about Baton Rouge Community College, visit http://mybrcc.edu/.
Applications for this position should include a cover letter, resume, curriculum vitae, copies of transcripts, and complete contact information (name, mailing address, telephone numbers, and email addresses) for three (3) professional references.
** Incomplete applications will not be accepted.**
Baton Rouge Community College
Office of Human Resources
Latasha Howard - HR Coordinator
201 Community College Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
A criminal background check will be required of all selected applicants. An offer of employment is contingent upon passing a pre-employment background check.
This organization participates in the E-verify program. For more information on E-verify, please contact DHS at 1-888-464-4218.
BRCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, or veteran's status in its programs and activities and provides equal access to its programs and activities.
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) credential from accredited school
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience, either as Medical Assistant in a clinical environment or as an instructor in an accredited Medical Assistant program, or a combination of both, within the past five (5) years
- Possess a valid license to work in Louisiana
- Job Concepts
The Medical Assistant faculty member is responsible for coordinating and instructing didactic education with clinical education as assigned. The faculty member evaluates and ensures the effectiveness of the clinical affiliates and clinical education centers used for the clinical component of the program. The faculty member responsibilities include instruction, evaluation and coordination, and acquiring clinical sites.
- Examples of Work
- Provide learning experiences in accordance with students' needs and abilities
- Use learning resources to help students learn
- Assess student learning in accordance with college policy
- Provide each student with a course syllabus and schedule
- Maintain a minimum of 10 office hours per week
- Meet all scheduled classes within the appropriate timeframe
- Advise students and assist with registration, orientation, and recruitment as needed
- Follow the approved master course syllabi
- Maintain accurate grade and attendance records
- Submit syllabi, office hours, grades, attendance, electronic time sheets, and
- other reports by established deadlines
- Notify department chair of absence with course substitution plan in a timely manner.
- Attend all departmental, division, and general faculty meetings
- Attend convocations and participate in graduation exercise (attired in appropriate academic regalia)
- Adhere to professional standards of conduct
- Participate in the faculty evaluation process
- Contribute to the college and your discipline by collaborating with others and offering your service to the college
- Engage in continual professional development activities as it relates to pedagogy, assessment, and faculty area of expertise