Louisiana Department of Civil Service
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
REGISTERED NURSE 1, 2, or 3
at Louisiana Department of Civil Service
Overall Job Objective
- Supplemental Information
- Job Number CLSH-sg-2014-41
This vacancy is located in the Nursing Department at Central Louisiana State Hospital, Pineville,LA.
****Please review your application one more time for accuracy. Incomplete applications may not be considered.****
Did you list ALL your job experience and education on your applications?
Registered Nurse vacancies may be filled from this recruitment at any of the following three levels:
1) Registered Nurse 1- SER $25.15/Hr.
2) Registered Nurse 2- SER $27.13/Hr.
3) Registered Nurse 3- SER $29.24/Hr.
IT IS MOST IMPORTANT THAT APPLICANTS ENTER THEIR LICENSE NUMBER, ORIGINAL DATE OF ISSUE, AND EXPIRATION DATE I NTHE PERTINENT SECTION OF THE APPLICATION. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN THE APPLICATION BEING DISQUALIFIED.
While we encourage all interested applicants to apply, please be aware that there are various reasons that your application may be disqualified from consideration including, but not limited, to:
- Failure to fully complete the education and work experience sections of the application.
- Submission of a resume and / or SF-10 application in lieu of the online application. Information on the resume will not substitute and must also be included on the actual job application in order to be considered.
- Failure to list complete license/certification information (if applicable to the job position).
No Civil Service test score is required in order to be considered for this vacancy.
To apply for this vacancy, click on the "Apply" link above and complete an electronic application which can be used for this vacancy as well as future job opportunities. Applicants are responsible for checking the status of their application to determine where they are in the recruitment process by selecting the 'Applications' link after logging into their account. Below are the most common status messages and their meanings.
Application received - Your application has been submitted successfully.
Evaluating experience - Your application is being reviewed to ensure you meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
Minimum Qualification Review – See History – Click the History link for the results of your application review. Passing candidates will designate as "Pass". Failing candidates will designate as "Fail".
Eligible for consideration - You are among a group of applicants who MAY be selected for the position.
Eligible Pending Supplemental Qualification Review - Only candidates meeting the supplemental qualification will be eligible for referral.
Referred to hiring manager for review - Your application has been delivered to the hiring manager. You may or may not be called for an interview.
Position filled - Someone has been selected for the position.
Position canceled - The agency has decided not to fill the position.
The State of Louisiana only accepts online applications. Paper applications will not be accepted. Computer access is available at your local library, at local Louisiana Workforce Commission Business Career Solutions Centers, and at the State Civil Service Testing and Recruiting Center at 5825 Florida Boulevard, Room 1070, Baton Rouge, LA 70806. If you require an ADA accommodation, please contact our office at (225) 925-1911 or Toll Free: (866) 783-5462 during business hours for additional assistance.
(Please note: Libraries and LWC centers cannot provide in-depth assistance to applicants with limited computer skills; therefore, we suggest that such applicants have someone with computer proficiency accompany them to these facilities to assist with the computer application process. Also, no State Civil Service employees are housed at the libraries or LWC centers to answer specific questions about the hiring process. Such questions should be directed to the State Civil Service Testing and Recruiting Center at the phone numbers above or by visiting the office on Florida Blvd. where assistance is available. Information is also provided on our job seeker website at https://jobs.civilservice.louisiana.gov/).
For further information about this vacancy contact:
Human Resources Specialist
Central Louisiana State Hospital
P.O. Box 5031 Pineville, Louisiana 71361-5031
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:Possession of a valid Louisiana license or temporary permit to practice professional nursing or a multi-state license issued by a Nursing Licensure Compact (NLC/eNLC) state.
- Job Concepts
- FUNCTION OF WORK:To provide basic professional nursing care to patients and/or clients.LEVEL OF WORK:Entry.SUPERVISION RECEIVED:Close from a Registered Nurse Supervisor A or B, but may receive supervision from other higher level personnel.SUPERVISION EXERCISED:None.LOCATION OF WORK:Statewide.JOB DISTINCTIONS:Differs from Registered Nurse 2 by the absence of full performance level duties and the presence of close supervision.
- Examples of Work
- EXAMPLES BELOW ARE A BRIEF SAMPLE OF COMMON DUTIES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS JOB TITLE. NOT ALL POSSIBLE TASKS ARE INCLUDED.Performs professional nurse duties that may include administration of blood and blood components, I.V. medications, parenteral nutrition, central line therapy, etc., under the close supervision of a registered nurse of a higher level.Assists in development of nursing plan of care for patients in assigned units.Makes regular patient rounds to observe and assess patients' physical conditions and behaviors and records observations on patients' charts.Receives and fulfills physicians' instructions regarding patient care and transmits orders, as needed, to other departments.Assists physicians with patient examinations and records patients' mental and physical health histories.Assists in emergency code situations.Instructs and educates patients in health and hygiene procedures and in self- administration of prescribed medications.Admits patients or receives patients following admission to a medical facility.Executes operating room nursing care plan. Scrubs and circulates on routine surgical procedures.PUBLIC HEALTH OPTION:Provides nursing care to individuals, families, and communities in public health program clinics, shelters, and any other sites designated for public health services.Conducts nursing assessments of patients by obtaining complete health histories. Obtains Pap Smears, blood samples, and other specimens for analysis; interprets laboratory results and reports findings to supervisor.Administers immunizations and other medications. Participates on Immunization Response Teams.Provides environmental health nursing and risk assessments, under direct supervision and in collaboration with environmental health personnel and regional/state epidemiologists, for exposure to environmental risks and disease outbreaks.Conducts home visits, under direct supervision (e.g., environmental risk appraisal, monitoring tuberculosis patients, assessment of maternity patients and newborns, or providing support on child abuse and sudden infant death cases).Participates and collaborates with Disease Intervention Specialist (DIS) in the contact investigation, treatment, and education of individuals infected with communicable diseases.Participates in all-hazards emergency preparedness, in the staffing of Medical Special Needs Shelters (MSNS), points of dispensation (POD), and evacuation triage on a 24 hour basis.Ensures emergency care equipment is available within the parish health unit.Responds to emergencies and public health/bioterrorist threats on a 24-hour basis.