Louisiana Department of Civil Service
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
STUDENT ADVISOR AND PROCTOR
at Louisiana Department of Civil Service
- Supplemental Information
Northwestern State University College of Nursing and School of Allied Health seeks an applicant for a 9 month part-time Student Advisor & Proctor position for the College of Nursing and School of Allied Health available beginning August 12, 2019 in Shreveport, Louisiana.
Academic rank and salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Review of applications will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
To Apply: Submit 1) a letter of application, 2) an updated CV, 3) official transcripts (if not from NSU) and 4) a list of three professional references with complete contact information to:
Director of Nursing and Allied Health Student Academic Operations
College of Nursing and School of Allied Health
Northwestern State University
1800 Line Avenue
Shreveport, LA 71101-3127
Mailed documents preferred
The successful candidate will be subject to a background check, as a condition of employment.
Northwestern State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy or parenting status, and veteran or retirement status in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies (i.e., Title IX):
· Employees/Potential Employees – Veronica M. Biscoe, EEO Officer
· Students – Frances Conine, Dean of Students (318-357-5286)
For Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) concerns, contact the Disability Support Tutoring Director, Catherine Faucheaux, at 318-357-4460.
Additionally, Northwestern complies with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy & Campus Crime Statistics Act. Information about NSU's campus security and crime statistics can be found at http://universitypolice.nsula.edu/annual-security-report/.
Full disclosure statement: http://universityplanning.nsula.edu/notice-of-non-discrimination/
*Inquiries regarding employment application status should be made to the individual receiving the application packet.
Department: College of Nursing and School of Allied Health
A Baccalaureate degree required, registered nursing degree preferred. Preference given to those with experience in collegiate nursing education.
- Job Concepts
The successful candidate should expect to:
PROCTORING Responsibilities (50%):
- Proctors all NSU students taking exams on the Shreveport campus
- Communicates university proctoring policy to students and faculty
- Secure and reserves testing location at least one week prior to each exam
- Available to observe students during proctoring exam
- Follows specific instructions, as dictated by professor in charge of course, related to proctoring of exams
- Collecting students' cell phones, books, purses, backpacks etc. before each proctored exam and placing them in a secure location
- Sends email to the professor, if requested, upon completion of the exam
- Prints out any written exam and scans/emails or faxes the exam to the professor upon completion.
- Keeps exams in secure location until confirmation from professors received
- Shreds all exam after verification from professors is received
- Notifies or contacts professor when any problems occur during exam administration
- Keeps record of number of students proctored each day
- Serve as a role model to students and peers.
- Serve as an advisor and mentor for students in the College of Nursing and School of Allied Health.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the College of Nursing goals, objectives, and program curricula.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Board of Regent's core curriculum for those obtaining various degrees.
- Assist with maintenance of on line and paper advising folders, students' records and files pertinent to advising.
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with federal laws and program policy.
- Provide advising to current and potential nursing students.
- Comply with guidelines/regulations of University, state of Louisiana, SACSCOC, LSBN, CCNE, ACEN, and/or other agencies as required.
- Represent the College of Nursing and University in a professional manner.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by Senior Director of College of Nursing, Director of School of Allied Health, Dean, or University Administration.