Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Janitorial & Facilities Maintenance
at Louisiana SPCA
- New Orleans, LA, USA
- Full Time
Summary of Job:
This role ensures that both the buildings and grounds are maintained and kept in excellent condition and appearance. The role will provide all janitorial services including replenishing supplies as required and in a manner that is organized and safe. This role will also include maintenance and upkeep of equipment and machinery used.
- Provides all Janitorial services for shelter buildings including public restrooms; Responsible for the daily cleaning of the shelter floors so they are neat and clean (i.e. all hallways, including front lobby areas)
- Ensures that all public and office areas are clean and well maintained including trash collection, refilling hand sanitizer and soap dispensers;
- Manages organization and supply of shelter inventory and maintains adequate supplies for each department;
- Maintains equipment and machinery to make sure that it is in good working condition and report any equipment needs to be repaired or replaced;
- Responsible for receipt of deliveries, confirming that they are accurate, signed for and properly placed;
- Cleaning and upkeep of the grounds including lawn and parking lot area and removal of any trash and debris;
- Transport and pick up materials as needed;
- Securing the facility in extreme weather conditions and storm response;
- Treat all animals humanely, properly, and with compassion at all times, regardless of the situation or circumstance and promoting a humane and caring attitude toward all animals;
- Maintains a professional and friendly demeanor and provides excellent customer service;
- Works courteously and cooperatively with other staff members and volunteers;
Skills, Education and/or Experience:
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED; some technical school preferred
- Maintenance/janitorial experience preferred
Minimum Qualifications (or skills and knowledge):
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and substance screening
- Must be 25 yrs and have a valid driver's license, and a clean driving record.
- Team-focused attitude
- Mechanical aptitude
- Good oral communication skills
- Organized and able to prioritize
- Flexibility around schedule - must be available on the weekend
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- This position is physically demanding
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds; push and pull heavy objects; bend, twist, reach; perform strenuous physical activities including frequent walking and running, standing, bending and stooping.
- Must be willing and able to drive a large capacity vehicle, forklift, and other machinery
- Should not be allergic to animals or have nut allergies; must be able to work with all animals.
- Must be able to work with industrial strength cleaners and disinfectant.
Working Environment: (or Working Conditions)
- Works outdoors in extreme weather conditions
- Potentially subject to animal (and insect) bites and scratches
- Works in areas with high noise levels