Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Make Ready/Porter
The Maintenance Make Ready/Porter reports to the Property Manager and works to prepare recently vacated apartments for market readiness and availability to rent to another tenant. The Maintenance Make Ready/Porter also may respond to service work orders, perform painting and pressure washing duties, grounds keeping, and less technical tasks or to assist Maintenance staff in the performance of more technical duties.
· Receives “make ready” assignment; gathers all necessary tools, equipment, and supplies needed to make an apartment unit available to rent.
· Checks caulking and applies where needed.
· Evaluates carpet and vinyl; shampoos carpet/vinyl, or replaces carpet/vinyl if needed.
· Checks air conditioning unit, heating unit, water heater, and all appliances; makes minor repairs if needed; contacts Lead Service Technician for more extensive repairs or replacements.
· Repairs or replaces baseboards or trim as needed.
· Polishes and varnishes cabinets and other woodwork as needed.
· Checks all doors and windows and re-keys all locks.
· Repairs holes in walls and performs painting duties as needed.
· Responds to service calls to make less technical repairs or replacements; assists Lead Service Technicians as needed.
· Pool maintenance and landscape duties as needed, including pressure washing and cleaning.
· Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
· High school diploma/GED
· Six months experience performing work that requires constant physical activity. Ability to read and understand written instructions and complete standard paperwork. Able to work in moderately difficult environments
o Prior make ready work at a residential property.
· Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
o Ability to understand basic instructions and follow a checklist of tasks
o Skill in using basic hand tools
o Ability to perform basic work in electrical, plumbing, painting, and carpentry
o Knowledge of safety procedures
o Ability to assess detailed repairs and replacements in a vacant apartment to make it available for a new resident
o Ability to perform physical labor and to lift heavy weights regularly
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, 25 pounds individually and up to 50 pounds with assistance devices (dollies, hand trucks, additional persons).
While performing the duties of this job the employee normally works primarily in an outdoor environment exposed to adverse weather conditions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and are subject to possible modification.