Moseley Technical Services, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Moseley Technical Services, Inc.
- Manufacturing/Light Industrial
Check out this new opportunity!
Job ID # 2019-9978
Location: New Orleans, LA
Industry: Aerospace & Defense
Clearance Requirement: NASA
Minimum Education: High School Diploma - GED
Minimum Experience: 1 years
What You’ll Do:
- Perform advanced, specialized or prototype production operations of major space structures.
- In a product area, utilizing predetermined setups and operating methods, adjust and simultaneously operate a variety of numerically controlled and/or conventional technologies capable of performing of performing various functions such as, but not limited to, forming, bonding, welding, machining, drilling, cutting, as well as automated and manual robotic assembly.
- Perform all tasks involved in the preparation, set up, and operation of thermal processing tools and equipment.
- Work with and interpret standard work instructions, charts, tables, blueprints, formulas, sketches, verbal and electronic orders, job layouts, etc. to accomplish assigned work.
- Ensure that all equipment is used in accordance with established safety and operating procedures.
- Complete routine preventative work to maintain and ensure cleanliness of equipment.
- Detect faulty tools and equipment, and take corrective action in accordance with shop practices and procedures.
- Diagnose and correct malfunctions occurring in machining/and/or assembly process.
- Perform necessary drilling, riveting, assembly or sub-assembly, including bonding and sealing as required.
- Use any and all precision measuring instruments, gauges, tools, etc., necessary to check machine readiness and to check completed parts for finish, dimensions and conformance to quality requirements.
- Within the cell, perform all tasks involved in the coordination, preparation, and movement of material and tools.
- Operate riding type electric powered elevating equipment to accomplish work assignment.
- Work with engineering, planning, and other teams to originate and develop new procedures, techniques, and production aids to facilitate equipment operations and to support the design and implementation of new products.
What You’ll Need:
- This position requires the ability to obtain badging for NASA facility access.
- This is a sensitive/safety-sensitive position and is subject to NASA (DOT) random drug and alcohol testing.
- Maintain necessary certifications, licenses, and permits as required for assigned work.
- This position requires the individual to perform work in an operational complex while maintaining a safe manufacturing environment.
- Required to train, understand, and observe extensive safety and process controls to help protect persons and equipment.
- This position may support a 24/7 maintenance operation.
- This position requires the ability to perform manual labor inside or outside throughout the year in a variety of extreme weather conditions.
- The employee must meet medical requirement for work in geographic areas.
- The employee must be able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
- Applicant will operate a forklift and mobile crane.
- The work shift and baseline which schedule may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays.
- Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements.
*U.S. Citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED combined with 1+ years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
What to Expect:
- Applicants selected for employment will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background investigation which may include education, criminal and work history verifications.
- Accepted applicants will have the opportunity to be eligible for benefits, including medical and supplemental insurance and a 401K. Appreciation and gratitude for employees is a hallmark of organizations with low turnover.
Moseley Technical Services, Inc. is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
For questions about benefits visit: http://www.moseleytechnical.com/job-seekers/
For more information about Moseley visit: http://www.moseleytechnical.com/about-us/