MPW Industrial Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Service Technician
at MPW Industrial Services
This position ensures the purity of the water processed for MPW Industrial Water customers at various project sites. The Field Service Technician will be responsible for providing our on-site technical customer service. This individual will be responsible for chemical tests, chemical feed and control equipment maintenance, chemical inventory management, technical recommendations, and written service reports
- Travels up to 75% of the time to various project sites and maintains MPW Water Purification Equipment.
- Acts as support function to multiple locations as needed.
- Adheres to all Safety rules, regulations and guidelines; including proper housekeeping.
- Works closely with the customer, on a daily basis, to troubleshoot and repair system operational problems and makes corrections when appropriate.
- Tracks the performance, via daily logs, of the equipment at the various project sites.
- Performs required labor at the various project sites, including hose and pipe assembly, chemical drum handling, chemical transfer, filter backwashes, filter media replacement, pump maintenance, membrane cleaning and replacement.
- Uses monitoring equipment to test water quality to assure established standards are being met.
- Responsible for calibration of monitoring equipment.
- Perform water analysis and/or collects samples for preparation, labeling and shipment to designated laboratory for analysis.
- Completes PC-based reports on site conditions, test results, site corrections and site deficiencies.
- Work with PLC controls; repairs pumps, instruments, and control panels
- Provides ongoing interface with customers to assure they are satisfied with job and acts as technical consultant and liaison with customer management and technical counterparts.
- Maintain inventory of spare parts (lube oil, tubing, and piping), and adequate supply of reagents, sample containers, and shipment containers necessary for routine as well as special sampling and analysis.
- Has daily communication with respective Regional Field Service Manager.
- May be required to assist at regeneration facilities when necessary.
- Will be required to travel (up to 75%) and work overtime as required.
- Works independently.
- Must be able to self-manage.
- Tracks, manages and reports mileage and expense reports.
- Ability to carry/lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to wear respirators in environments that may expose you to chemicals, fumes, etc.
- Ability to maintain workloads that may include travel to a variety of states for days or weeks, and daily timeframes that could exceed the typical 8-hour shift.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
- Valid Driver’s license.
- College Degree preferred
- 3-4 years of mechanical experience preferred.
- PLC experience preferred