Muriel's Jackson Square
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Muriel's Jackson Square
- Front of the House
- New Orleans, LA, USA
- Full Time
We are currently seeking a knowledgeable and friendly individual for a bartender position. Qualified applicants must have experience in a high-volume, upscale setting. Local references are preferred. Bartenders work a varied schedule, that includes nights, weekends and holidays.
Muriel's offers flexible scheduling, employee meals, 401K, and paid vacations. We offer a professional environment with excellent opportunities for advancement.
1. Provide outstanding service to all guests in the restaurant by making menu recommendations, ensuring timely delivery of requested items and consistently speaking with guests to ensure complete satisfaction.
2. Exhibit hospitality in all dealings with guests.
3. Drive check averages by selling specials, add-ons and beverages.
4. Maintain cleanliness of the bar and all storage areas.
5. Proper cash handling and beverage inventory control.
6. Perform all tasks in accordance with Muriel's Jackson Square guidelines.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY: (These include, but are not limited to the following)
1. Menu Knowledge
2. Micros Knowledge
3. Guest Service
4. Money Handling/Paperwork
SPECIFIC DUTIES: (These include, but are not limited to the following)
1. Greet all guests in a timely fashion. Maintain a pleasant and professional attitude. Demonstrate hospitality in all interactions with guests.
2. Present menu options, focusing on specials and daily items. Make recommendations when possible. Suggest items that increase check average and add to the guest experience.
3. Enter all orders into the Micros system and check for accuracy before sending.
4. Prepare all drinks following MJS standards and recipes. This includes proper glassware and garnish.
5. Properly prepare all drinks for the bistro in a timely fashion. Line up drinks in correct order with matching ticket.
6. Correctly enter every item ordered by the guest. Following entry into Micros, print each check and place it in front of the guest.
7. Properly communicate all changes in product availability to servers and Manager on Duty.
8. Maintain cleanliness of the bar area and all storage areas including coolers, wine cabinets, wine room and service bar. Cleaning includes daily, weekly and monthly cleaning tasks as well as ongoing during the shift cleaning.
9. Maintain full knowledge of all menus and liquor/wine offerings. Stay informed of any changes or additions.
10. Maintain full knowledge of all signature drink descriptions and recipes.
11. Close out all checks accurately. Properly prepare closing paperwork at the end of each shift.
12. Maintain cash bank. Act responsibly in all cash handling to ensure accuracy.
13. Stock bar with all necessary items, including product, juices, garnishes, glassware, etc.
14. Ensure accuracy of liquor inventory by pouring proper amounts and ringing up EVERY drink made.
GENERAL DUTIES: (These include, but are not limited to the following)
1. Arrive on time for every scheduled shift. On time means in full uniform, in assigned work area at the time scheduled.
2. Maintain a professional appearance while inside the restaurant.
3. Clock in and out for every scheduled shift. Clock in and out for all breaks, meal or otherwise.
4. Be able to answer questions regarding parking and directions to and from the restaurant.
5. Attend all mandatory training classes and meetings.
6. Strive to represent Muriel's in the most hospitable fashion possible.
7. Treat all coworkers and supervisors in a respectful and professional manner, and work together towards the goals of the restaurant.