Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Req No
- Job Locations
- US-LA-New Orleans
- Regular Full-Time
- 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm
Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food. Wash and peel fresh fruits and vegetables. Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients. Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklists.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Report to work when scheduled, on time, in proper and clean uniform, including name tag. Personal appearance and grooming must conform with standard.
- Handle all duties according to hotel policies and procedures.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to a manager immediately.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals.
- Adhere to all quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management immediately.
- Prepare all potentially hazardous foods at the correct temperatures according to the HACCP guidelines.
- Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures to ensure food served to guests is safe for consumption, including disinfecting hands prior to handling food and wearing a hat/hairnet and proper footwear.
- Follow and ensure compliance with food safety and handling policies and procedures, such as product rotation, First IN-First Out, dating, labeling, cleaning, and organizing coolers/freezers/storage areas across all food-related departments and areas.
- Ensure the quality of the food items and notify manager if a product does not meet specifications.
- Monitor the quantity of food that is prepared and the portions that are served in order to control food waste and ensure that good food is not thrown away.
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Chef to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers to prepare foods.
- Check and ensure the accuracy of the temperature of appliances and food using thermostats and thermometers, including monitoring freezer systems, such as fans, drains, and doors, for proper operation, and report issues or problems to facility management.
- Report maintenance issues immediately to appropriate manager.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of company Food Safety Programs within assigned area of responsibility, as well as all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area including tables, tools, knives, and equipment to ensure sanitary conditions and meet the departmental standards, including using sanitizers required by health department.
- Set up and break down work stations with required mise en place, tools, equipment, and supplies, ensuring items are to established specifications, ensuring adequate fill of containers, storing items appropriately, and cleaning station as appropriate.
- Follow and ensure compliance with sanitation and cleaning procedures and pest control guidelines, reporting pest control issues to appropriate managers.
- Disassemble and reassemble kitchen equipment following safety procedures when cleaning.
- Use kitchen tools safely and appropriately, including using appropriate tools to open cartons, boxes, and cans; keeping knives sharpened; using proper knife handling procedures; using correct knives for particular food items or specific tasks; using dry pads when moving hot material, and engaging all appropriate safety devices prior to operating equipment.
- Use measuring tools (for example, scale, measuring cups, measuring spoons) to precisely measure ingredients and portion sizes.
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklists, establishing priority items.
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food before use.
- Wash and peel (if required) fresh fruits and vegetables to prepare them for cooking or consumption.
- Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Monitor food quality while preparing food and throughout the day utilizing the HACCP forms and production charts.
- Prepare cold foods, including preparing salads, cold sandwiches, condiments, and dressings.
- Ensure proper portion, arrangement, and food garnish to be served to waiters or patrons, according to standards.
- Exhibit a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with guests and fellow employees.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least one year of related work experience
- Must be able to remain upright continuously on a hard surface for an 8-10 hour shift.
- Must be able to move a minimum of 20 pounds up to 5 feet high without the aid of another person.