NHS Human Services, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at NHS Human Services, Inc.
Job Titlepeer specialist
Location30-32 North Main Street-2560C
Shift1st Shift - no week-ends
Schedule-Week 1mon, wed, fri 9:00am-2:00pm
NHS is currently seeking a Certified Peer Support Specialist to join our NHS Behavioral Health division in our Carbondale, PA location.
With a rich tradition spanning almost 50 years, NHS is at the forefront of providing care and services to people with special needs. Today NHS, through its subsidiaries, is a leading provider of community-based, non-profit education and human services. More than 10,000 employees provide care to almost 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, and Michigan. NHS has developed a unique continuum of care providing services in the areas of mental health, addictive diseases, education, foster care and permanency, autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and many more specialized programs.
WHAT NHS HAS TO OFFER
- The stability that comes with working for a national leader providing education and human services to individuals with special needs
- Highly competitive compensation plans
- Career advancement opportunities in a rapidly growing company
- Flexible scheduling
- Benefits for all employees including marketplace savings program (discounts on cell phone plans, shopping, travel and more); Wellness programs (including discounted gym memberships, mail order prescription plans); legal and financial services; 24-hour nurse hotline; life/disability coverage; and Employee Assistance Program
- Benefits for qualifying employees including medical, dental & vision coverage; flexible spending account; 403B retirement plan with company contribution
- Generous PTO plans including vacation, sick, and holiday pay for qualifying employees
The Certified Peer Specialist (CPS) performs a range of tasks through individual and group encounters to assist consumers in regaining control over their own lives and over their own recovery process. The CPS will role model competency in recovery and on going coping skills, serve as a consumer advocate, provide information and peer support in their communities, inpatient or emergency settings. The CPS also provides essential expertise and consultation to other team members in promoting a recovery-oriented culture and practice of service provision and in understanding the consumers' perspective and subjective experience. Services are provided in accordance with all existing policies, procedures and regulations and in accord with the mission and value of the company.
- Must have received the Peer specialist Certification upon graduation of the Certified Peer Specialist Training.
- Must have a high school diploma/GED.
- Must have maintained at least 12 months of successful full/part time paid/voluntary work experience OR obtained at least 24 credit hours of post secondary education.
Apply Online: www.nhsonline.org/careers
Requisition Number: 28042
In addition to completing your application, please feel free to email your resume directly to our recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
NHS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!