NHS Human Services, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Peer Support Specialist
at NHS Human Services, Inc.
Job TitlePeer Support Specialist
Location1010 Commons Street-2550C
Schedule-Week 18 am-4:30 pm with occassional week ends on call
Schedule-Week 28 am-4:30 pm with occassional week ends on call
- Coach program participants on how to develop and practice skills needed to achieve goals outlined in their recovery plan and for maintaining personal wellness.
- Teach self-advocacy skills.
- Willing to share his or her own recovery experience while being aware that each person's road to recovery is unique.
- Participate in team meetings and promote a recovery perspective.
- Keep team and supervisors informed of problematic issues, obstacles, and accomplishments experienced by individuals in working toward their respective recovery goals.
- Initiate and complete WRAP plans
- Support individuals in the performance of ADLs
Minimum -- High School Diploma, l year clinical experience working with adults with severe mental illness. Knowledge and understanding of recovery principles and recovery driven service system. Will complete Certified Peer Specialist Training. Ability to establish professional relationships with peers. Valid LA Drivers License and appropriate state and federal clearances.