NHS Human Services, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Substance Abuse Specialist
at NHS Human Services, Inc.
Job TitleSubstance Abuse Specialist
Location106 Heymann Blvd-2552C
Shift1st Shift - no week-ends
Schedule-Week 1Monday-Friday 8-430
Schedule-Week 2Monday-Friday 8-430
NHS Human Services are looking for an experienced Substance Abuse professional to join our Lafayette, LA Team.
This essential position will be one of a team that will be a fundamental part of the recovery based services for our clients in the ACT program.
Under the direction of the ACT team leader, the Substance Abuse Specialist will be responsible for coordinating and implementing co-occurring and recovery based services for consumers, as well as offering clinical insight on how to best service our seriously mentally ill clients with addiction and substance abuse issues.
Core responsibilities will include providing clinical and behavioral assessments, on-going therapy, either group or individual, supportive counseling, case management, and concrete service utilizing a flex schedule and will include on-call responsibilities.
Role Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide harm reduction, stage wise treatment for substance abuse
- Assure that MD orders for substance abuse treatment are met
- Provide co-occurring counseling through individual, group and family therapy as necessary
Educate and train staff, family members, and community providers in treating individuals with co-occurring drug and alcohol and serious and persistent mental illness
Develop network and community substance abuse treatment resources
Perform substance use and abuse assessments
Provide ongoing support and education to individuals regarding substance abuse
- Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, counseling, or other human service related field
- Must be LAC (Licensed Addiction Counselor), CAC (Certified Addiction Counselor), PLPC (Provisional Licensed Professional Counselor) or LMSW (Licensed Master of Social Work)
- Knowledge and understanding of recovery principles and recovery driven service system
- Valid Louisiana drivers license
- Appropriate state and federal clearances.