NOVA CHEMICALS CORPORATION
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at NOVA CHEMICALS CORPORATION
- Job ID
- Closing Date
- Job Category
- Eng & Technical
- Required Travel
NOVA Chemicals is experiencing significant growth and we are looking for talented and passionate people to work in our collaborative and innovative organization. As a Responsible Care® company, we are committed to safety and sustainability, we are a respected community partner and we take pride in being a leading producer of plastics and chemicals that make everyday life safer, healthier and easier.
We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our Engineering Services Team at our Geismar Facility. This position will report to the Technical Services Team Leader and will be an integral member of our sustaining capital project teams.
This position will provide senior electrical engineering support and leadership to the Geismar site. This role contributes to achieving and maintaining 1st quartile performance in asset utilization (uptime & quality), function-to-design, and maintenance costs. The successful candidate will be responsible to deliver results in 4 key areas:
The successful candidate will identify, develop and execute approved Reliability improvement initiatives including:
- Work with Maintenance, Operations, and Plant Engineering to establish and resolve approaches to reliability priorities
- Lead & manage a Reliability Project Portfolio for the definition, measurement, analysis, improvement and control of the approved initiatives
- Review and input to unit outages and major turnaround scope
- Lead and/or participate in the use of analytical tools to ensure optimal practices are applied to each critical manufacturing asset utilizing Reliability methods such as RCM, RCFA, FMEA, Weibull analysis, etc.
- Identify and implement equipment strategies including the selection of technologies for preventive and predictive (PPdM) programs. This includes preparing PM plans based on the NOVA Reliability Systems Standard
- Ensure the Computerized Maintenance Management System (SAP modules, etc) are in alignment with equipment strategies and templates
- Lead Plant electrical reliability improvement initiatives
- Apply/sustain/improve NOVA Reliability Systems Standards
- Apply Lean Sigma/Six Sigma fundamentals to equipment reliability
- Review new equipment designs to ensure maintenance and reliability issues are considered and addressed
- Develop reliability requirements for new equipment and repaired equipment
- Benchmark internally and externally to identify and share best practices
- Optimize equipment spare parts and predictive/preventative maintenance practices to ensure required reliability at lowest cost
The successful candidate will also provide technical support to Operations and Maintenance for critical issues, including:
- Plant trips, capacity limitations, etc.
- Technology application
- Equipment specification & changes
- Highlight and address maintenance, operational, and engineering practices that negatively impact reliability
- Follow-up (direct technical support or lead focus teams) on equipment failures, determine root causes and identify actions to prevent reoccurrence
- Provide project design and management for Electrical projects as required
- Apply "reliability-in-design" focus to PD&I process including project justification, technical direction/specification, spare parts assessments and auditing of project reliability deliverables (e.g. PM’s, spare parts etc.)
- Ensure alignment and contribution to corporate reliability standards
- Ensure consistent application of Reliability tools and processes across the Joffre site, and participate on the Site Electrical Reliability Review Board
- Provide effective connection to Unit Discipline Teams through education and application of Reliability Systems & Processes
The successful candidate will have an Electrical Engineering degree with 8+ years of maintenance and/or reliability engineering experience in an industrial plant or equivalent technology environment.
- Solid experience with Reliability engineering initiatives
- Exposure to Process Safety Management
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team setting, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills is required
- Experience with SAP and/or Meridian, along with demonstrated probability/statistical/analytical skills to support equipment strategies will be an asset
- Experience with SEL or equivalent electrical protective relay configuration, troubleshooting and network interconnectivity
- Experience with ETAP or equivalent electrical modeling applications
- Demonstrated technical and advanced troubleshooting skills along with a proven track record for success
- Hands-on experience with Lean Sigma (Six Sigma), and ability to facilitate Root Cause Failure Analysis and Reliability Centre Maintenance practices would be definitive assets
- Ability to provide leadership, complemented by the drive to deliver results.
NOVA Chemicals develops and manufactures chemicals and plastic resins that make everyday life safer, healthier and easier. Our employees work to ensure health, safety, security and environmental stewardship through our commitment to sustainability and Responsible Care®. NOVA Chemicals, headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, is wholly-owned ultimately by Mubadala Investment Company of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
Located just south of Baton Rouge and employing more than 120 people, the olefins facility in Geismar, Louisiana, annually produces approximately 1.95 billion pounds of ethylene and 114 million pounds of polymer grade propylene. It also produces 13 million gallons of crude butadiene and 14 million gallons of Debutanized Aromatic Concentrate per year.
NOVA Chemicals’ flexible benefit programs are designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees, because when it comes to benefits, everyone has different priorities. Our benefits offerings will vary based on your work location, and are an element of the “Total Rewards” package.