Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CBP Aircraft Mechanic II (Open)
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
CBP Aircraft Mechanic II (Open)
BASIC FUNCTION SUMMARY
- Responsible for overseeing and performing scheduled and unscheduled aircraft maintenance; inspections and corrosion control of aircraft components, airframe and powerplant; maintain appropriate aircraft records and logs.
- Reports to the Maintenance Manager and or Site Manager.
- Must be customer oriented.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled aircraft maintenance.
- Review work of subordinates to ensure the function/task is correct and complete and take corrective action and/or training if necessary.
- Addresses employee questions and concerns presented within the work crew. If questions and concerns are not resolved, ensures that employee concerned is given the opportunity to seek further assistance through the Maintenance Manager/Supervisor,
- Perform daily/post-flight/thru-flight inspections as required and performs necessary maintenance to correct any malfunctions.
- Conduct off-station maintenance when required.
- Effectively communicate with the customer in a courteous, professional manner and research any reported aircraft discrepancies through fault isolation to make repairs.
- Service aircraft with fuel, oil, etc. in preparation for flight.
- Maintain aircraft log books, status reports, historical and administrative data as required.
- Comply with applicable Government and FAA rules and regulations on maintenance and follow appropriate aircraft technical data.
- May be required to function as Safety/Training/Supply point of contact in the FBO concept at AOS-U or AOS-A site’s.
- May be required to exercise independent judgment and travel or relocate to other geographical locations including foreign countries.
- May be required to have a security clearance and passport in the performance of duties.
- Must read, write, speak, and understand English
- Must have Three (3) years recent experience working full-time as an aircraft mechanic or (5) years of On Job Training.
- Have a current FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certificate.
- A thorough working knowledge in the repair and maintenance of airframes, hydraulics, fuel systems and aircraft engines.
- Must be able to obtain a passport, visa and Government security clearance to support operations in foreign countries and deployments.
- Must be able to work well with others or independently, predicated on the scope and depth of operations at specified sites.
- Ability to physically perform climbing, stooping, stretching, etc. operations related to the job and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Analytical abilities sufficient to handle complex technical and administrative details.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and deal courteously and professionally with the customer.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
This classification activity is usually accomplished in a office/hangar/flight line environment and as such requires the scope of physical movements and postures normally associated with office/hangar/flight line activities. May be required to lift objects whose weight normally will not exceed 50 pounds. Special vision abilities required to perform this job are close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
The diversity of work conditions may range from an environment where there is little or no physical discomfort, to an environment where inclement weather may subject individual to severe changes of temperature, wind, rain, etc. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
LICENSING, CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Security Clearance*
- Driver License
- Gas Free Engineering*
- Vibration Analysis*
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
For more than 60 years, PAE has tackled the world’s toughest challenges to deliver agile and steadfast solutions to the U.S. government and its allies. With more than 20,000 employees on all seven continents and in more than 70 countries, PAE delivers a broad range of operational support services to meet the critical needs of our clients. Our headquarters is in Falls Church, Virginia. Find us online at pae.com.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.