Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CBP AVIATION MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR NEW ORLEANS
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
CBP AVIATION MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR NEW ORLEANS
BASIC FUNCTION SUMMARY
- Responsible for supervision of all maintenance operations at assigned CRS; shall establish and modify the work maintenance schedule to meet requirements of flight schedules, as determined by the CBP.
- Reports to the Site Manager or Maintenance Manager.
- Must be customer oriented.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Supervising required aircraft airworthiness inspections and assisting QC in preparing necessary forms and certifications, appropriate to CBP.
- Ensuring that all assigned aircraft meet the appropriate military/civil airworthiness standards.
- Supervising the preparation of all required forms and reports regarding the aircraft, their availability and associated ground support equipment as defined in the contract.
- Implement and supervise an on-the-job training program to upgrade skills, train new personnel, and train on new equipment and cross train personnel.
- Support and administer a preventative maintenance and corrosion control programs.
- Support and supervise an active safety program.
- Ensure that all procedures and policies are followed in the performance of maintenance and repair functions on Customs' aircraft.
- Implement and administer an active FOD Program for work areas and flight line areas.
- Ensure that site maintenance facilities are maintained in a clean and orderly manner.
- May be required to travel on company business.
- Requires a minimum of 3 years Aviation Supervisory experience in aircraft maintenance with an FAA Airframe and Powerplant License (A&P). Inspection Authorization (IA) desired.
- Must have an extensive working knowledge of military and/or general aviation aircraft.
- Must have full knowledge of maintenance requirements at the Repair Station level.
- Three years supervisory experience a desired
- Requires thorough knowledge of aircraft, engine log books and other maintenance records.
- Able to handle complex administrative and possess aviation technical details.
- Must be an effective communicator with both oral and written to deal with company and the customer.
- Have a proven record for reliability and demonstrated initiative with good supervisory management skills as an aircraft mechanic and supervisor.
- May be required to have a security clearance and passport in the performance of duties.
- Must be a US citizen and completed high school or equivalent.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
This classification activity is usually accomplished in a office/hangar/flight line environment and as such requires the scope of physical movements and postures normally associated with office/hangar/flight line activities. May be required to lift objects whose weight normally will not exceed 50 pounds. Special vision abilities required to perform this job are close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
The diversity of work conditions may range from an environment where there is little or no physical discomfort, to an environment where inclement weather may subject individual to severe changes of temperature, wind, rain, etc. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
LICENSING, CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Security Clearance
- Hazardous Communication / MSDS
- CPR/Bloodborne Pathogen
- Driver License
- Support Equipment License
- Hazardous Material Handling
- Corrosion Control
- Aircraft Ground Handling
- Daily Inspection
- Tool Inventory
- Foreign Object Damage (FOD) Prevention
- Freon Servicing
- Electro Static Discharge
- Explosive Handling (CAD)
- Run-Up and Taxi
- Weight & Balance
- Portable Fire Extinguisher
- Aviation Gas Free Engineering (SCC & WTU Only)
- Vibration Analysis*
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
For more than 60 years, PAE has tackled the world’s toughest challenges to deliver agile and steadfast solutions to the U.S. government and its allies. With more than 20,000 employees on all seven continents and in more than 70 countries, PAE delivers a broad range of operational support services to meet the critical needs of our clients. Our headquarters is in Falls Church, Virginia. Find us online at pae.com.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.