Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at ALFASIGMA USA
ALFASIGMA USA, INC.
Alfasigma USA seeks a Revenue Accountant to join it's Accounting team in Covington, LA. The Revenue Accountant will play a critical role in supporting the revenue, billing, and collection functions for the finance organization. The Revenue Accountant will be directly responsible for various order to cash activities across multiple business channels and segments. Responsibilities include daily cash receipt application, accounts receivable reporting and analysis and collections and related reconciliations, including projections for forecasting purposes. The Revenue Accountant will also prepare monthly gross to net revenue calculations and manage monthly A/R close processes in accordance with Alfasigma Group Standards.
- Maintains and monitors accounts receivable and related cash or electronic bank deposits, journal entries, collections, reconciliations, and analysis including consistent communication with 3rd party vendors.
- Performs daily cash receipts and application to appropriate Wholesaler, Bulk, and Contract Manufacturing customer accounts and communicates with customers regarding discrepancies.
- Performs daily/weekly deposit reconciliations for the Direct to Consumer channels at a batch level using 3rd party pharmacy systems, point of sale online portal, and deposit reports from online banking portal or merchant account. Communication with DTC customer service and admin teams is needed in order to reconcile and maintain accurate records.
- Routinely accesses customer and 3rd party service providers’ web portals to download relevant order to cash reports or documents related to payments, returns, rebates or administrative fees, payment discrepancies or disputes, or to upload additional documentation in order to maintain accurate customer records and perform daily/weekly/monthly processing.
- Weekly processing of wholesaler returns through third party provider; includes working with Alfasigma data team members to ensure accurate processing and reporting of weekly files.
- Monthly and Quarterly data validation and processing of wholesaler and 3rd party pharmacy benefit management administrative fees and rebates according to contracts including providing necessary data to contract management vendor.
- Assists in a timely & accurate accounting close process as it relates to order to cash responsibility, particularly connected to accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, and gross to net revenue.
- Prepares monthly close A/R reconciliations by verifying entries and comparing system reports to general ledger balances.
- Ability to effectively perform a self-review of all tasks to ensure the most accurate output.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining standard operating procedures and internal controls to ensure proper oversight of business processes as related to accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, and gross to net.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with all internal and external customers and vendors related to the order to cash processes.
- Performs daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly administration tasks such as deposit reconciliations, customer aging reports, collection communications, account reviews with 3rd party AR vendors, customer service related to accounts receivable, and maintaining physical and electronic customer records.
- Other financial and administrative duties as assigned; may include process improvement projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or business related field required.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills are required with proven excel competencies including manipulation of large data sets with pivot tables and formulas, analysis, interpretation, synthesis and reporting of technical financial data.
- 0-2 years' relevant experience in an accounting environment is a plus.
- Working knowledge of general accounting principles and standards, as well as SOX internal control best practices.
- Gross to net revenue accounting and pharmaceutical contract knowledge is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains is a plus.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess computer skills and dexterity required for daily data entry.
- Ability to work independently and to take ownership of tasks and see them through to completion.
- Must be detail oriented and have a proven ability to organize, analyze, set priorities, and multi task in a fast-paced environment as well as possess a flexible attitude towards changing priorities.
- Demonstrated success in working in a team environment supporting operations, sales and customer requirements.
- A strong commitment to team projects and deadlines is required.
**We are open to considering candidates with limited experience but must have the formal education and an aptitude to learn and develop their skils w/in the accounting and finance department.
WHO WE ARE:
Alfasigma USA is the local affiliate of the Italian based pharmaceutical company, Alfasigma. The company was formed, in 2015, as a result of the merger between two historic Italian pharmaceutical companies, Alfa Wassermann and Sigma-Tau. Alfasigma is a leading Italian pharmaceutical company focused on prescription drugs, over-the counter (OTC) and nutraceutical products and has a presence in 90 countries.
Alfasigma USA’s main goals are to improve the health and quality of life of patients by finding solutions to treat specific patient populations, expand our existing portfolio and bring new products into the US market. We strive to be a strong healthy company in a strong healthy world.
Alfasigma USA is headquartered in Covington, LA., has a manufacturing plant in Shreveport, LA., a mail order pharmacy call center in the Covington location and an established national salesforce. In addition, a commercial operations hub opened in 2018 in Bedminster, NJ.
Alfasigma USA, Inc. offers:
- Competitive base salary
- Annual bonus potential
- Comprehensive benefits package (Medical, Dental, 401K and Paid Time Off are some examples)
- Tuition reimbursement; financial support for continuing education programs
Alfasigma USA, Inc. and its subsidiary, Brand Direct Health, L.L.C. (collectively the “Company”) is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, religious creed, religious observance, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (cancer and genetic characteristics), disability, military service, military and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Company.Please email Human Resources at HR@alfasigma.comif you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.