Penn National Gaming, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Banquet Server - On-Call
at Penn National Gaming, inc.
- Job ID
- Casino Property
- L' Auberge Casino & Hotel Baton Rouge
- Position Type
- Food and Beverage
Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Penn National Gaming we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
The set-up of the banquet facilities including arranging tables, chairs, linens, serve ware, and, if applicable, some decorations.
Plating and serving of the guests meals.
Maintain a clean and organized workspace to ensure a quicker and timelier set-up and tear down of banquet facilities.
Provides personalized service and uses guest name.
Resolves service problems according to guidelines.
Various other duties may be assigned as roster of banquets changes.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age. High School diploma or equivalent and/or six months related experience and/or training preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Basic computer knowledge.
- Must be able to read and write in English and have good verbal communicating skills.
- Basic math skills such as adding, subtracting, fractions, decimals, percentages etc.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be TIPS certified.
- Must have clean/valid driver's license.
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 25 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer