Penn National Gaming, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Penn National Gaming, inc.
- Job ID
- Casino Property
- L'AUBERGE LAKE CHARLES
- Position Type
- Regular Part-Time
Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At L'Auberge Lake Charles, we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
- Adheres to departmental and property policies and procedures regarding guest service standards.
- Specializes in cutting hair according to latest style, period, or character portrayal, following instructions of customer.
- Suggests coiffure according to physical features of customer and current styles or determines hairstyle based on customer preferences.
- Ensures that shop is clean and stocked at all times.
- Assists other areas of the barber shop as needed.
- Keeps current on all required certifications and stays up-to-date with the latest techniques and types of hair services related to position.
- Operates cash register and handles money as needed.
- Answers phones and schedules appointments.
- Facilitates retail sales, including customer assistance and follow-up.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all company matters.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
- High School Diploma or equivalent and license from State Board of Cosmetology required.
- Minimum two (2) years of previous barber shop experience strongly preferred.
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Prior money-handling experience helpful.
- Ability to use the implements associated with the position, including scissors, thinning scissors, blow-dryers, styling combs and brushes, cash register, credit card machines, computer, and keyboard.
- Ability to work long shifts and perform services back to back.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer