Penn National Gaming, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Beverage Server - Casino Bar
at Penn National Gaming, inc.
- Job ID
- Casino Property
- L' Auberge Casino & Hotel Baton Rouge
- Position Type
- Regular Part-Time
- Food and Beverage
Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Penn National Gaming we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
- Provides personalized service and uses guest name
- Resolves service problems according to guidelines
- Serves as ambassador of goodwill while working and at customer and public relations functions; appears in publicity photos
- Promotes casino events and programs
- Provides fast (20 minute or less round time), friendly, professional beverage service to casino guests; carries full trays on every round
- Monitors guest consumption of alcohol and intervenes as needed according to guidelines
- Takes drink orders, communicates with bartender, assists in the preparation of drinks and presents drinks to guests
- Handles money according to procedure
- Works well with others, especially beverage servers, bartenders, barbacks, beverage supervisor, and slots supervisor
- Maintains clean and stocked workstation
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
- Must be 21 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Obtain and maintain valid alcohol serving permits
- Read, write legibly, understand and speak English
- Excellent customer service/communication skills
- Count money and change correctly
- Know or is able to learn tray service, cocktail ingredients
- Available to work required schedule which may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- Must meet professional appearance standards as prescribed by company policy
- Must be physically mobile with reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to respond to visual and oral cues
- Must be able to lift and carry 20 lbs. (full cocktail tray) for extended periods of time
- Able to tolerate second-hand smoke, noise, bright lights
- Able to work at a fast pace in often crowded/noisy environment
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 25 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer