Penn National Gaming, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dealer - Part time
at Penn National Gaming, inc.
- Job ID
- Casino Property
- BOOMTOWN NEW ORLEANS
- Position Type
- Regular Part-Time
- Table Games
Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Boomtown Casino and Hotel New Orleans, we you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
- Adheres to all departmental and property policies and procedures regarding guest service standards.
- Acknowledges, greets, and converses in English with all guests; offers assistance and information to anyone showing an interest in gaming.
- Provides fast, flawless, personalized service to players.
- Consistently builds and maintains rapport with guests.
- Maintains knowledge of all aspects of the games dealt.
- Complies with all company and departmental policies and procedures, State Gaming Regulations, and Internal Controls.
- Conducts assigned game according to procedure.
- Ensures appropriate game protection.
- Ensures appropriate game pace for all players.
- Responsible for learning and being familiar with the property’s other gaming and entertainment/service activities in order to provide accurate information and enhance guest experience.
- Ensures payouts are made quickly and accurately.
- Fills and credits tables by verification of cheques.
- Opens and closes tables according to established guidelines and procedures.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all company matters.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of Dealers School or six (6) months of experience as a dealer with at least two (2) high-volume, main games (Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, etc.) required.
- Must have strong verbal communication skills; must be fluent and literate in English.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Knowledgeable of applicable state gaming laws and regulations.
- Must have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and take a proactive and strategic approach to dealing with issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide accurately to figure payoffs.
- Ability to work any shift or hours, including nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer