Penn National Gaming, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security Ambassador - Full Time
at Penn National Gaming, inc.
- Job ID
- Casino Property
- L' Auberge Casino & Hotel Baton Rouge
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Penn National Gaming we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
- Warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and apprehend or evict violators from premises, using force when necessary,
- Assist sick or injured patrons and employees.
- Assist Games and Slots department in removing drop boxes.
- Report unsafe or hazardous conditions.
- Assist patrons and employees on directions and proper procedures.
- Check identification to ensure guests are over the age of 21.
- Perform fills, credits, exchanges and marker transfers procedures for departments as needed.
- Drive company vehicles to transport individuals to specified locations or to patrol company property.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Write accident/incident reports of daily activities and irregularities such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences. Obtains witness statements when necessary.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Circulate among visitors, patrons, or employees to preserve order and protect property.
- Monitor surveillance equipment and alarms.
- Security officers will respond to all emergencies on property and be able to if the need arises to evacuate patrons and employees.
- Security officers will participate in drills consisting of all emergencies each quarter.
- Must be able to physically stand for an 8 hour shift.
- Resolve guest complaints and ensures that all areas of guest service are adhered to.
- Respond to and handle all occupational injury reports and all incident reports report including vehicle incident reports on property assuring that L’Auberge Casino and Hotel maintains its procedures and liability issues.
- Security officers will respond to all emergencies on property. Officers will be trained and become proficient in how to respond to all emergencies including evacuation if the need arises. Officers will attend quarterly drills covering all of the above noted emergencies.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an active Louisiana gaming license
- Must obtain and maintain a current State Responsible Vendor Permit
- Ability to work under pressure by maintaining composure when exposed to stress.
- Excellent writing skills
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word
These skills are typically acquired through a high school education or equivalent and two years customer service experience or through closely related experience, or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer