Pet Paradise Resorts
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Front Desk Associate (New Orleans- LA)
at Pet Paradise Resorts
- 04-Nov-2019 to 03-Jan-2020 (EST)
- New Orleans
- Kenner, LA, USA
- Part Time
Job Title: Front Desk Associate
Reports To: Resort Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Pet Paradise Resort is a comprehensive pet care provider offering boarding, day camp, grooming and veterinary services. At Pet Paradise, our mission is to enhance the quality of life for pets and our customers by providing exceptional pet care and an outstanding customer experience. Located in nine states and nearly forty locations, Pet Paradise continues to expand in the southern region of the United States.
For more information about Pet Paradise visit www.petparadise.com or visit our social media sites: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Vimeo.
FRONT DESK ASSOCIATE
The Front Desk Associate is a critical link to guest satisfaction as you drive the customer's first and last impression of Pet Paradise. This position is responsible for guest service transactions, reporting and resolving customer issues, and providing the right services for the customers' and pets' needs.
Essential Functions of the Front Desk Associate include:
- Welcome guests and their pets as they enter the resort making a positive impression
- Organize and process the guests' check-in/check-outs, coordinator suite placement, and walk the pets to their suites ensuring their needs are met
- Answer in-coming phone calls, listen and respond to voicemails, respond to emails, all in a timely problem-solving manner
- Complete cashier and point of sale operations; able to communicate with leaving and in-coming staff, peers, and leadership
- Communicate and follow through with guests' and resort leadership's requests
- Maintain cleanliness of the entranceway and lobby including the restrooms
- Offer upgrades to guests and sell additional services based on their wants and needs
- Responsible for maintaining, cleaning, and supporting the cat room (per resort routines)
- Liaison to veterinary service team; veterinary appointment status and arrivals.
- 1-2 years in a customer service role (Customer Service, Call Center, Receptionist)
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Detailed, but can work with a sense of urgency while providing exceptional customer service
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoys problem solving in order to provide our guests and customers with a premier experience
- Reliable and flexible to resort schedule needs including days, night, weekends, holidays, and peak times
- Able to learn to work with and handle a variety of sizes and breeds of dogs
- Ability to receive instructions and remain adaptive to change and training material
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid-Time-Off for all employees
- Complimentary Doggy-Daycare
- Complimentary Boarding (Limited)
- Pet-Adoption Assistance
- Referral Reimbursement
- Health & Insurance (Full-time employment only)
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carryout instructions. Ability to problem solve.
Certificates and Licenses:
Canine/feline CPR certification preferred
Animal handling skills preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The employee may be exposed to animals that are agitated and/or injured. Associates may be exposed to animals that may scratch and/or bite.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Pet Paradise is an Equal Opportunity Employer.