Plus One Health Management, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Plus One Health Management, Inc.
We are currently seeking a full time Ergonomist/Movement Specialist to join our wellness team located at a Fortune 500 company. The position will be based of out of the client's Salt Lake City, Utah office.
Works collaboratively with the client liaison, client’s vendor partners, and any UHC and Optum available services, to promote a culture of health. Provides tools and solutions with the ultimate goal of reducing population musculoskeletal risks. Supports all ergonomic initiatives including program development, program implementation, communications and marketing, client vendor integration, budget management, outcome measurement, and reporting. Provides ergonomic services to client’s employees within scope of expertise, which may include ergonomic evaluations, workplace modification, equipment review, furniture and postural assessments, stretching and mobility recommendations and/or prescriptions. Maintains a high profile and is the “face” of the ergonomic program.
- Implements and follows all On-Site Services policies and procedures as outlined in the Team Member Manual.
- Utilizes the P.R.I.D.E. syllabus for all customer service interaction.
- Responds to client suggestions, concerns and complaints in a timely, professional and consistent manner.
- Builds strong relationships and promotes integration of ergonomics with other departments (technology, facilities, purchasing, wellness providers, safety, benefits, health clinics.)
- Serve as a subject matter expert.
- In collaboration with the client, develop an annual calendar of events and programming which will appeal to and engage employees based on client’s goals and objectives to address musculoskeletal health.
- Interacts with the client’s Medical Leave of Absence team for medical cases that may require modifications to the work environment. These may be short term medical conditions, chronic disease or long term disabilities, such as vision or hearing impairment.
- Provides recommendations for tissue work, corrective therapy, fascial work, trigger-point release and exercise prescription, as applicable.
- Evaluates potential solutions related to changes in equipment design, procedures, manpower, personnel, or training.
- Attends all management meetings relating to safety and ergonomic goals and objectives.
- Encourages client employee program participation via signage, email, portal, desk drops, informational tables, one-on-one invitations and other client approved avenues. This marketing support may be in collaboration with On-Site Service Marketing and Engagement colleagues. In addition, this may mean physically printing and distributing material and traveling to other local offices and facility locations.
- Presents on topics specific to ergonomics and functional movement, and conducts postural and movement evaluations.
- Conducts ergonomic evaluations and perform functional tasks using tools such as checklists and surveys, which may include traveling to office desk locations, to consistently address the unique needs of each participant.
- Determines any aspects within client’s work environments that affect job performance or safety and recommend solutions to provide increased comfort, decreased physical strains and risk of hazards while on the job.
- Demonstrates appropriate equipment adjustments for client employees which may include adjustment of chairs, computer monitors and keyboard trays, standing, using a tape measure, and bending to collect accurate tape measure readings.
- Delivers proprietary movement classes designed by the physical activity department.
- Provides reports on ergonomic program utilization, outcomes, success stories, and other metrics deemed appropriate by the client.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of all site offerings such as Personal Training, Spa, Ergonomics, Group Fitness, Wellness, Nutrition, Clinics, etc. and refers members to other On-Site Services programs, products and ancillary services and/or client vendor partners as needed.
- Works directly with the on-site fitness team, when applicable, as a part of a comprehensive wellness solution for the participants.
- Proactively looks for opportunities with the client to promote On-Site Service programs and services and relays opportunities to VP/Account Executive.
- Networks and maintains relationships with On-Site Services counterparts to stay current with best practices and shares knowledge by participating in On-Site Service national and /or regional committees.
- Assumes primary responsibilities for full cycle Human Capital, inclusive of hiring, onboarding, coaching, motivating, scheduling, training, developing, evaluating, terminating, and assigning projects and workload to staff.
- Manages the On-Site Service financial and business duties (payroll, invoicing, accounts payable and receivable, etc.) in a timely and accurate manner. This includes providing timely and accurate information to appropriate client departments.
- Activates emergency action plans as necessary.
- Completes all assigned education coursework and trainings on IDEA Club Connect.
- Performs all other projects and responsibilities as required.
- Travel: Position may require up to 20% travel within 30 miles.
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in ergonomics, human factors, exercise science, exercise physiology, human kinetics, kinesiology, or a related field.
- Must have and maintain an active state licensure in Athletic Training, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy or Massage Therapy.
- Must hold an active certification as a certified ergonomist, certified ergonomic assessment specialist, a certification in professional ergonomics or experience with delivering ergonomic assessments and the ability to achieve a certification within six months of hire required.
Proficient with various ergonomic equipment. Prior experience in a variety of environments such as corporate, retail space, distribution and call centers. Prior management experience with budgets, metrics and reporting. Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and a creative approach to marketing. Competent with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) and web portals. Must be knowledgeable about the industry and customer skills to network, engage, and interact with all clients and participants. Must communicate professionally using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain and relay information to and from staff and clients. Ability to effectively engage participants as a public speaker.
Valued But Not Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Ergonomics, Health Sciences or other related disciplines.
- Physical Therapy license or Occupational Therapy license.
- Three years of experience performing ergonomic assessments.
- Possess or working towards a recognized professional certification in ergonomics.
- National accredited certification in exercise science or personal training (NCCA).
- Experience with health promotion.
- Knowledge and or experience in corporate benefits.
Plus One, an Optum company (internally known as On-Site Services), ignites employee activation in health ownership and drives engagement in health and wellness programs through four of the most common health goals: move more, eat better, be safer and be mindful. Our services are located at the employer’s worksite, and our local presence positions us to build trusting relationships, nurture emotional commitments and discover employee aspirations, with our on-site staff serving as program educators. Our services cater to populations within the corporate, government and education fields, and our on-site capabilities include fitness, nutrition, ergonomics, coaching and health promotion. Join the Plus One team and you'll have opportunities to drive bold change and achieve excellence. Ask any of our fitness and wellness professionals and they'll tell you that working with Plus One is the most rewarding experience they have had in their careers. This is a place where you can stay ahead as you do your life's best work.SM
Perks of Working at Plus One, an Optum Company:
- Competitive compensation, with opportunities for career growth nationwide
- Energetic atmosphere that promotes a work/life balance with a flexible schedule and weekends off
- Increased potential for subbing and added class load through network of Plus One sites in the region.
- Health and life insurance for eligible team members
- Disability and voluntary benefits for eligible team members
- Paid time off for eligible team members
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to state of the art facilities with functional training areas and top-of-the line strength and cardio equipment
- FREE CEC’s through company partnerships.
- FREE CPR/AED re-certification
- Exclusive company discounts on select services, products, conferences and events
- Qualified transportation and parking benefit
Plus One, an Optum company, is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs, our website www.plusone.com or our Facebook and LinkedIn pages.