Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manufacturing Mechanic I
at Pro Mach
ProMach is a family of best-in-class packaging solution brands serving manufacturers of all sizes and geographies in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, personal care, and household and industrial goods industries. ProMach brands operate across the entire packaging spectrum: filling and capping, flexibles, pharma, product handling, labeling and coding, and end of line. ProMach also provides Performance Services including integrated solutions, design/build, engineering services, and productivity software to optimize packaging line design and deliver maximum uptime.
ProMach designs, manufactures, integrates, and supports the most sophisticated and advanced packaging solutions in the global marketplace. Its diverse customer base, from Fortune 500 companies to smaller, privately-held businesses worldwide, depends on reliable, flexible, technologically advanced equipment and integrated solutions. ProMach is headquartered near Cincinnati, Ohio, with manufacturing facilities and offices throughout North America, Europe, South America, and Asia. For more information about ProMach, visit http://www.ProMachBuilt.com.
Allpax, based in Covington, LA, manufactures food processing and sterilization solutions for the food and pharmaceutical industries. Allpax provides fully automated retort rooms as well as individual retort room components like retorts, retort loaders and unloaders, shuttles and other material handling equipment going into and out of the retort room. Allpax is a division of Pro Mach, a leading provider of integrated packaging and processing solutions for over 20,000 customers worldwide. Through multiple brands, Pro Mach provides product packaging and processing equipment, PMMI certified training, installation, parts, and service for primary and secondary packaging, flexible packaging, end-of-line packaging, and identification and tracking. For more information on Pro Mach’s brands visit www.ProMachBrands.com
Allpax is seeking a talented Manufacturing Mechanic I to use a high degree of problem-solving skills to assemble and erects non-complex precision retort or conveyor or piping mechanical assemblies and non-complex mechanisms having various dimensional specifications and operating relationships where fitting of components, calibration of operating units, installation/fitting, alignment and/or balancing of completed assemblies requires the application of routine mechanical principles and an increasing knowledge of assembly techniques all in accordance with specifications and quality standards.
- Reads and interprets engineering prints/specifications and/or manufacturing manuals, and/or verbal/written instructions to determine necessary assembly of various mechanical components.
- Follow assembly procedures and methods to assure efficient and timely progress. May transport specified parts from various plant locations manually or by using various mechanical lifting aids e.g. forklift trucks, etc.
- Assembles component parts, positions, erects, installs, aligns, levels, and then integrates their operations.
- Assist with testing assemblies using prescribed testing methods to help insure the retort system meets performance requirements before shipment to customer. Assist customers with in-plant Acceptance Tests.
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools. May operate bender, cutting, and pipe threading equipment.
- Uses a variety of precision measuring and gauging instruments e.g scale, calipers, micrometers, etc., to inspect and verify conformance of parts to specifications/tolerances.
- May perform any aspect of assembly bench sub-assembly.
- Strictly follows all safety requirements for hand and power tool operation, the assembly of parts, forklift and hoist operation, and housekeeping.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year of experience in a fast paced, manufacturing environment
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English, with good verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office programs Word and Excel
- Ability to successfully handle a multi-tasked role as well as basic math understanding
- Follows all safety requirements, including wearing proper PPE and maintaining a clean and orderly work environment
- Regular attendance and daily punctuality are necessary for performing the job
- Sufficient physical strength and agility to pack, unpack, and lift cartons, parts, equipment, and material) weighing up to 50 pounds
- Visual acuity sufficient to read interpret assembly drawings and other required documents
Salary is only a part of a well-developed compensation program. As a Pro Mach employee, you receive more than just a paycheck. Total compensation includes your pay (base salary), very comprehensive medical/dental programs as well as life insurance, a generous paid time off program, a retirement savings plan with a company match and a wellness program. There is no waiting period for benefits – you are eligible on your first day of employment.
Pro Mach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pro Mach complies uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility of new hires to work in the United States. Pro Mach is a drug-free workplace