Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Pro Mach
ProMach is a family of best-in-class packaging solution brands serving manufacturers of all sizes and geographies in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, personal care, and household and industrial goods industries. ProMach brands operate across the entire packaging spectrum: filling and capping, flexibles, pharma, product handling, labeling and coding, and end of line. ProMach also provides Performance Services including integrated solutions, design/build, engineering services, and productivity software to optimize packaging line design and deliver maximum uptime.
ProMach designs, manufactures, integrates, and supports the most sophisticated and advanced packaging solutions in the global marketplace. Its diverse customer base, from Fortune 500 companies to smaller, privately-held businesses worldwide, depends on reliable, flexible, technologically advanced equipment and integrated solutions. ProMach is headquartered near Cincinnati, Ohio, with manufacturing facilities and offices throughout North America, Europe, South America, and Asia. For more information about ProMach, visit http://www.ProMachBuilt.com.
Supporting the highest levels of product safety and regulatory compliance, Allpax manufactures processing and sterilization solutions for the food, beverage, pet food, pharmaceutical, and nutraceutical industries, including autoclaves, retort room components, fully automated retort rooms, and product handling equipment that supports retort room automation. Allpax is a product brand of ProMach, a global leader in packaging line solutions. As part of the ProMach Product Handling business line, Allpax helps our packaging customers protect and grow the reputation and trust of their consumers. ProMach is a family of best-in-class packaging solution brands serving manufacturers of all sizes and geographies in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, personal care, and household and industrial goods industries. ProMach brands operate across the entire packaging spectrum: filling and capping, flexibles, pharma, product handling, labeling and coding, and end of line. ProMach is headquartered near Cincinnati, Ohio, with manufacturing facilities and offices throughout North America, Europe, South America, and Asia. For more information about ProMach, visit http://www.ProMachBuilt.com and for more information on ProMach Careers, visit http://www.ProMachCareers.com.
This position will develop and prepare mechanical designs for product machinery where broad use of independent judgement and highly technical skills are required. Technical experience and strong communication skills will be required to develop good internal and external customer relationships and confidence in solutions presented.
- Responsible for OEM equipment design of mechanical components and systems in a SolidWorks 3D modeling design environment.
- Responsible for understanding customer specifications and designing the mechanical components of the machinery. This involves working closely with the Sales Department and direct customer contact, application of mechanical engineering knowledge of machinery principles and materials, manufacturing methods and processes to ensure designs are functional, practical, economical and satisfy customer operating requirements.
- Design of machined and fabricated parts (including manufacturing methods) which includes shafts, bearings & housings, drive components, mounting plates & precision spacers, structural frame weldments, sheet metal parts, channels, covers, ducts etc.
- Prepares detailed fabrication drawings with appropriate tolerances and dimensions.
- Prepares proper bills of material based on design and specifies necessary components for production.
- Analyzes and prioritizes projects based on the scope of established customer delivery dates.
- Interfaces with Manufacturing to ensure machinery designs are properly fabricated, parts machined, and assembled which may include revising of mechanical design specifications/drawings.
- Interfaces with the Production Department to conduct machinery mechanical testing and interfaces with other departments e.g. sales/marketing, parts, purchasing, etc., to coordinate work/projects to ensure customer on-time delivery. Prepare and direct reports to other departments to address and resolve inquiries and problems
- Act as a technical resource for customers and Service Department’s Service Technicians to address and resolve inquires and problems. Especially, during machine installation and start-up in customer plants.
- 5 years of experience in equipment design, preferably OEM design experience
- Design knowledge of machined and fabricated parts e.g. shafts, bearings & housings, drive components, mounting plates, precision spacers, structural frame weldments, sheet metal parts, channels, covers, etc.
- Design knowledge and experience with pneumatic and hydraulic systems, conveyors, servo and electric actuators, gearmotors, etc.
- Experience with various manufacturing processes and able to design components for cost effective manufacturability
- Must be expert SolidWorks User, as this is the primary design platform for all engineering at Allpax.
- Analytical skills to understand complex and diverse information, collect and research data, use intuition and experience to complement date and design effective work flows and procedures
- Problem Solving skills to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, including gathering and analyzing information, developing alternative solutions
- Excellent team skills to manage diverse departmental goals toward successful project completion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to successfully handle a multi-tasked role
- Self-motivated, sense of urgency, personable and well organized
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of the time
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office – Word/Excel/PowerPoint/MS Project, or similar).
Salary is only a part of a well-developed compensation program. As a Pro Mach employee, you receive more than just a paycheck. Total compensation includes your pay (base salary), very comprehensive medical/dental programs as well as life insurance, a generous paid time off program, a retirement savings plan with a company match and a wellness program. There is no waiting period for benefits – you are eligible on your first day of employment.
Pro Mach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pro Mach utilizes E-Verify to verify employment eligibility of new hires to work in the United States. Pro Mach is a drug-free workplace.