Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Loss Prevention & Safety Manager
Plan and direct policies, procedures, or systems to prevent the loss of assets. Determine risk exposure or potential liability, and develop risk control measures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Administer systems and programs to reduce loss, maintain inventory control, or increase safety.
- Identify potential for loss and develop strategies to eliminate it.
- Monitor compliance to operational, safety, or inventory control procedures, including physical security standards.
- Advise retail managers on compliance with applicable codes, laws, regulations, or standards.
- Analyze retail data to identify current or emerging trends in theft or fraud.
- Assess security needs across locations to ensure proper deployment of loss prevention resources, such as staff and technology.
- Collaborate with law enforcement to investigate and solve external theft or fraud cases.
- Coordinate or conduct internal investigations of problems such as employee theft and violations of corporate loss prevention policies.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with federal, state, or local law enforcement agencies or members of the retail loss prevention community.
- Direct loss prevention audit programs including target store audits, maintenance audits, safety audits, or electronic article surveillance (EAS) audits.
- Implement Continuous Improvement: Behaviors which result in the improvement of existing processes or development of new processes leading to greater efficiency. It also includes the implementation and management of change.
- Negotiate Conflict Through Collaboration: Behaviors that involve the resolution of conflict, seeking win-win outcomes, picking battles carefully, and dealing with people in a respectful and straightforward way. This means dealing directly with other functions, creating a team approach to problems and discouraging a we vs. them mindset.
- Manage Execution to Attain Results: Behaviors that involve the resolution of conflict, seeking win-win outcomes, picking battles carefully, and dealing with people in a respectful and straightforward way. This means dealing directly with other functions, creating a team approach to problems and discouraging a we vs. them mindset.
- Focus on Profitability: Behaviors which have a direct impact on profitability, outside of process improvement activities.
- Attract, Coach, & Promote Talent: Behaviors that contribute to the development of the skills and knowledge of direct reports. This competency includes creating a learning and training environment, coaching and providing feedback, and developing people’s careers.
- Demonstrate Professionalism: Behaviors that contribute to creating an environment of respect and professionalism. Demonstrates excellent communication skills; high integrity; personal responsibility and initiative; treats people with respect; encourages diversity; maintains a positive, professional demeanor; and is serious-minded about responsibilities.
- Create Customer Satisfaction – Administrative: Behaviors that involve direct interaction with external customers (trade/market) and internal RNDC customers that lead to increased customer satisfaction. Includes creating a culture of customer excellence, developing strong working relationships, being proactive and a good business partner.
- Think Critically: Behaviors which involve using metrics and information, and gathering input, to make decisions. This includes effective business judgment and critical thinking, as well having a systemic perspective of the business.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelors degree from a four year college or university preferred; one or two years related experience and/or training, preferably with a broad understanding of general business and management practices, computer system design techniques and control, and computer operation procedures; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents (such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals), write routine reports and correspondence, and to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Spanish bilingual abilities preferred.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts (such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume) and apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions (in mathematical or diagram form), and to deal with several abstract and concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet, Microsoft Office Suite software (such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and etc.). Computer servers, Desktop computers, Integrated circuit testers, Mainframe computers, Notebook computers, Development environment software, Object or component oriented development software, Operating system software, Program testing software, Web platform development software. Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Not applicable
Other Requirements: Not applicable
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Tools & Technology: Cable accessories, Hard disk arrays, Network analyzers, Punches or nail sets or drifts, Server load balancer, Administration software Configuration management software, Network monitoring software, Network security or virtual private network VPN management software and transaction security and virus protection software.
Republic National Distributing Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any Employee or Applicant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. This policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment.