Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Warehouse Associate, Night
Provide labor and effort to assist in the accurate and timely receipt of goods, consolidation of warehoused goods, and replenishment of pick locations as well as other necessary warehouse functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Safely and properly unload a trailer of product, verify the load for accuracy and stage for put away.
- Conduct proper put away of goods in the warehouse ensuring safety and proper rack utilization.
- Meet individual productivity and accuracy standards as identified through Labor Management (LM) metrics.
- Required to safely operate material handling equipment (MHE) to include forklifts, order pickers, pallet jacks, reach trucks, slip sheet attachment, and/or clamper truck or attachment.
- Utilize Warehouse Management System (WMS) scan guns and tools for the purpose of maintaining proper inventory levels and proper location of goods in the warehouse.
- Assist in the process of putting away returned product from previous day’s deliveries.
- Performs cleaning and maintenance duties as directed.
- Assist in physical inventories and cycle counting as directed.
- Observes safe product handling techniques. Cooperates with management and peers alike. Is punctual and consistently available for work.
- As needed, pre-pick and stage odd ball cases and bottles for use in the night shipping.
- Pull and stage large customer orders in demand, such as Costco, Total Wine, etc.
- Interact with associates during the hand-off from shift to shift. Frequently will have interaction with delivery personnel, and the early morning receiving crew.
- Pick and pack orders using label picking, ring scanners, voice directed picking or paper picket tickets.
- Performs various other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED), one to three months related experience, preferably one year warehouse experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read a limited number of 2 & 3 syllable words & to recognize similarities and differences, between words & between series of numbers. Ability to print & speak simple sentences.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s, by using the units of American money, weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variable in standardized situations.
Other Requirements - Tools & Technology:
- Required to obtain certification and safely operate material handling equipment (MHE) to include forklifts, order pickers, pallet jacks, reach trucks, slip sheet attachment, and/or clamper truck or attachment.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, talk or hear, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee will occasionally lift and /or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed mechanical equipment and vibration. The employee may occasionally be exposed to wet or human conditions, work in high or precarious places, or be exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Republic National Distributing Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and as such, it is our policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age (40 and over), national origin, disability, veteran status or other protected status where otherwise qualified. This policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment.