Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounts Payable Specialist
at Republic Finance
- Job ID
- 7031 Commerce Circle Suite 100
- Baton Rouge
Overview and Responsibilities
The Accounts Payable Specialist (APS) will work as part of the Accounts Payable team in the Accounting Department. The APS will ensure the timely payment of vendor invoices and expense reports with proper coding and documentation and may participate in other projects and tasks related to the accounting function as needed. This position reports to the Accounts Payable Supervisor. Job responsibilities are as follows:
- Responsible for working with a high volume of invoices, interacting with vendors and other departments.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately.
- Ensure proper coding of invoices.
- Prepare and process invoices, checks, credit card and ACH Payments for multi companies.
- Audit and verify expense reports in Concur.
- Maintain account payable files.
- Process and follow-up on rush items.
- Prepare and post Semi-Monthly Bank Deposits to bring to bank.
- Reconcile Company Credit Card Statements.
- Research and resolve accounts payable issues with customers or vendors.
- Assist in the preparation of Sales and Use tax, 1099MISC, and other tax reports as needed.
- Provide exceptional service and support to both internal and external customers.
- The ideal candidate will have at least three years of experience working in an accounts payable, procurement or expense report capacity.
- Associates degree in Accounting or Finance a plus, but not required.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Excel, MS Dynamics Great Plains, and Concur expense software is preferred. MS Access is a plus. AP designations are a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Strong attention to detail is required.
- Ability to correspond to multiple research requests in a timely manner.
- Ability to establish goals and priorities to meet critical deadlines.
- Must be a self-motivated and independent worker who takes initiative to complete assigned tasks and projects.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Paid Vacation
- 401 (K) and employer match
- Company provided Life Insurance & Long Term Disability
Additional benefits with Republic include:
- Regular drawings for sports tickets
- Employee of the Month Program
- Philanthropic support for charities such as Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and the American Cancer Society
- Professional offices with a friendly team environment
Republic Finance, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age disability or veteran status in employment opportunities and benefits. Republic Finance, LLC maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. #zr2