Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Republic Finance
- Job ID
- 282 Tower Rd.
Overview and Responsibilities
The Bankruptcy Specialist position is located in Ponchatoula, LA. Assist the Bankruptcy Manager in preparing, filing, and amending all Proof of Claims for approximately 200 offices throughout 8 states. The Bankruptcy Specialist will be responsible for the daily posting of all Trustee Disbursements and the follow up with branches on all Bankruptcy Correspondence received from the Bankruptcy Court and Debtors Attorney. Job responsibilities are as follows:
- Preparing and Filing of Proof of Claims
- Posting of Trustee Disbursements
- Communication with Branch Managers on Bankruptcy Correspondence
- Daily follow up on Chapter 13 Plans and Chapter 7 Statement of Intent
- Communication with Bankruptcy Courts, Trustees and Debtors Attorney
- High School Diploma or equivalent; College Degree preferred
- Must be detail oriented
- Proficient in Excel, Word and other computer applications.
- Incumbent must have satisfactory credit history due to exposure to funds and confidential information in this position.
- Must pass criminal background screen and drug screen
- Any experience in/knowledge of bankruptcy a major plus
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Paid Vacation
- 401 (K) and employer match
- Company provided Life Insurance & Long Term Disability
Additional benefits with Republic include:
- Regular drawings for sports tickets
- Employee of the Month Program
- Philanthropic support for charities such as Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and the American Cancer Society
- Professional offices with a friendly team environment
Republic Finance, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age disability or veteran status in employment opportunities and benefits. Republic Finance, LLC maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.