Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Compliance Specialist - Projects
at Republic Finance
- Job ID
- 7031 Commerce Circle
- Baton Rouge
Overview and Responsibilities
The Compliance Specialist is a role within the Legal & Compliance Department of a high-growth consumer finance company with 200+ branch offices. As a part of the Legal & Compliance team, you will be responsible for collaborating with Company departments to assist with project implementation, process management and workflow, and related policy and procedure content creation and revision. Job responsibilities are as follows:
- Collaborate with Operations team members to assess and map current processes and systems and to test proposed processes and systems.
- Understand and identify impact of a process change on other processes and/or procedures.
- Regularly attend project meetings.
- Prepare and present project-related deliverables to project teams, which may include Executive Management team members.
- Identify, mitigate and escalate project risks as necessary.
- Coordinate small projects within a larger project scope.
- Provide regular updates regarding tracked timelines to project teams.
- Facilitate team problem solving and build subject matter expertise through the project life cycle.
- Work with Company departments and the Executive Management team to develop Company policy.
- Memorialize Company policy and procedure by revising existing and/or drafting new written policies and procedures in a clear and concise manner that it can be easily understood by every employee.
- Collaborate with the key individuals, departments, stakeholders, and business owners of each policy and procedure to obtain all appropriate document approvals and ensure that all content is current, complete and not contradictory to any departmental or Company guidelines or objectives.
- Assist the Policy & Procedure Coordinator to identify all current policies and procedures impacted by changes to newly created or revised policies and procedures.
- Work to demanding timelines in a fast-paced team environment.
- Apply substantial knowledge and experience to perform a wide range of advanced activities and/or determine how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years relevant experience.
- Background in banking, finance, internal auditing, or project management preferred.
- Familiar with financial and lending laws and regulations preferred.
- Skilled in technical and/or policy writing. Ability to provide writing sample upon request.
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat DC with ability to demonstrate proficiency and pass skills assessment test.
- Strong attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and strong ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Exceptional analytical skills and problem-solving ability necessary to successfully perform the responsibilities listed above.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including ability to interpret and explain data for a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must pass drug screen, criminal background, and credit check.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Paid Vacation
- 401 (K) and employer match
- Company provided Life Insurance & Long Term Disability
Additional benefits with Republic include:
- Regular drawings for sports tickets
- Employee of the Month Program
- Philanthropic support for charities such as Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and the American Cancer Society
- Professional offices with a friendly team environment
Republic Finance, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age disability or veteran status in employment opportunities and benefits. Republic Finance, LLC maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. #zr2