Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Policy & Procedure Coordinator
at Republic Finance
- Job ID
- 7031 Commerce Circle
- Baton Rouge
Overview and Responsibilities
The Policy & Procedure Coordinator is a non-attorney role within the Legal & Compliance team for a high-growth consumer finance company with 200+ branch offices. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the policy and procedure software system and database for the Company and collaborating with Company departments to maintain Company policy and procedure manuals. You will collaborate with the Legal & Compliance team members, as well as other team members from other Company Departments to assist with project implementation, internal and external audits, and other policy and procedure related tasks. Job responsibilities are as follows:
- Intake and process requests for policy and procedure creation and/or revision from various departments within the Company.
- Edit policy and procedure submissions for writing mechanics, formatting and consistency with publication’s style and Company policy.
- Identify all current policies and procedures impacted by policy or process changes.
- Collaborate with key individuals, departments, stakeholders, and owners of each policy or procedure to obtain all appropriate approvals and ensure that all content published in the policy and procedure database is accurate, current and complete.
- Assist with determining logical placement of policies and procedures within the policy and procedure database.
- Collaborate with policy and procedure writers to develop policy concepts and provide suggestions to make policies and procedures easier to understand.
- Work with Company team members to answer questions regarding policy and procedure content.
- Organize weekly meetings to obtain approval to publish and assign revised and newly created policies and procedures Company-wide.
- Upload documents into electronic database for board meetings.
- Coordinate small projects
- Apply substantial knowledge and experience to perform a wide range of advanced activities and/or determine how to use resources to meet schedules and goals;
- Respond to internal requests for custom database reports, queries, data extracts or ad hoc reports in a timely manner. Independently conduct research as needed to provide appropriate response.
- Coordinate with Information Technology department to ensure proper database functionality, including any automated processes.
- Ensure proper user permissions and alignment within the system and Company and report any inconsistencies to the Human Resources and Information Technology Departments.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and work to resolve system issues and notify system provider of any major system failures and interruptions.
- Periodically submit system product enhancement suggestions to system provider, as needed.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate's/Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience.
- Three to five years relevant experience preferred.
- Database management experience required, including knowledge regarding database reporting and query tools.
- Background in banking, finance, or internal auditing preferred.
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat DC with ability to demonstrate proficiency and pass skills assessment test.
- Strong attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and strong ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability necessary to successfully perform the responsibilities listed above.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including ability to interpret and explain data to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must pass drug screen, criminal background check, and credit check.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Paid Vacation
- 401 (K) and employer match
- Company provided Life Insurance & Long Term Disability
Additional benefits with Republic include:
- Regular drawings for sports tickets
- Employee of the Month Program
- Philanthropic support for charities such as Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and the American Cancer Society
- Professional offices with a friendly team environment
Republic Finance, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age disability or veteran status in employment opportunities and benefits. Republic Finance, LLC maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. #zr2