Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Revolution Foods
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan
- Company-paid life insurance coverage
- Company stock options
- Paid vacation and sick time
Details of Position
- This is a Full-Time position
- Location: Kenner, LA
- May work some weekends based on business need
- Position is immediately available
The Dispatch Manager is responsible for managing a fast-paced transportation and delivery department to deliver food products for school meals. They manage our daily “service team” and delivery drivers, who have daily interaction with our school partners. They are also responsible for customer satisfaction, route planning, timely deliveries, fleet management, re-therm, staging, product quality, safety and compliance. The Distribution Manager and the team of drivers are the “face” of Revolution Foods. The operation is a fast-paced, food production/assembly environment where our commitment to our customers is demonstrated by operational excellence. If this is you, apply with us today!
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for directing staff and operational control over the Driving team members.
- Maintain the highest standards of quality, accuracy and safety.
- Actively manages the planning, scheduling, and logistics associated with making customer deliveries.
- Work with team members to ensure staging, heating, accurate product counts, verification, deliveries, and excellent customer relations.
- Assure that safety is the number one priority for all personnel, above all other goals and objectives.
- Responsible to administering business procedures, protocol and procedures that support the dispatch department related functions and support best practices.
- Plan, direct and manage team members to meet business objectives. Responsible for interviewing, scheduling, assigning work, reviewing performance, coordinating activities with other departments, approving timekeeping and time off, coaching and disciplining staff. Responsible for professional development and team building.
- Ensure team follows SOP’s, dress code requirements and daily routines. Enforces and implements good operational procedures such as daily check sheets, resulting in minimal vehicle or equipment damage.
- Ensure full compliance to the fleet management program, team member training, verifications, annual physical, drug tests, etc.
- Responsible for fleet maintenance, fuel reconciliation, DMV registration, refrigeration systems on the fleet, preventive maintenance plans, investigating vehicle accidents and employee injuries,
- Motivate the workers to achieve daily goals and bring the company's values and management principles alive in the department(s).
- Build and maintain excellent customer relations, acting proactively to resolve potential issues and adapting to ever-changing business environments.
- Communicate goals for driving safety, work comp injury prevention, and property damage prevention
- Monitor vehicle tracking software, give feedback to team members abut results, deliver regular safety messages.
- Actively coach, train and develop team to build confidence, implement process control methods, and deliver KPI results. Eliminates daily barriers to support positive results.
- Work in collaboration with the operating management team to ensure a best in class
- Provide training and motivation to team members, using recognition, and positive feedback. Ensure team enforce rules, follow protocol and policies.
- Provide direct Supervision, development, guidance and coaching to team members. Develop team members to understand processes, methods, controls and systems.
- Build trust & respect. Diffuse conflict. Delegate assignments to Team Leads or team members.
- Understand and monitor KPI's, department targets, and the root cause of poor performance. Implement corrective actions to drive results.
- Follow all health and safety standards, GMP’s, food safety, visual quality and PPE requirements. Set priorities and gives direction based upon the daily plan. Control labor costs.
- Support our Green Waste Program, ensuring waste products are properly sorted and accounted for.
- May complete a variety of reports, routine office tasks that may include inventory, verifying shipments and receiving documents, typing, preparing reports, completing research, track information and KPI’s, prepare or update excel spread sheets, copying, scanning, etc. Performs other duties as needed.
- Minimum 3 years of experience actively managing a fleet with daily routing within a multi-county demographic area.
- Logistics or Supply chain experience within a fresh food or refrigerated operation.
- Related Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Transportation, Culinary Arts, food safety or management is preferred. OR equivalent work experience that demonstrates controls and compliance knowledge related to fleet management and employment requirements.
- Ability to set priorities and problem-solve, while working under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- A Metrics-driven mindset with analytical skills.
- Ability to achieve objectives thru others.
- Excellent Customer service skills.
- Ability to motivate and develop team members. Ability to deliver tough messages and ways of working.
- Excellent communication skills, a professional demeanor and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Critical Thinking - Demonstrated ability to determine root cause findings, take corrective actions, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a cold/ damp environment and stand for extended periods.
- Good computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company’s business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.