Rimkus Consulting Group, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Rimkus Consulting Group, Inc.
- # of Openings
- Engineering/Technical Consultants
We are currently seeking an experienced Biomechanical Engineer to support operations in our New Orleans office. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone seeking to branch out and explore the world of forensic consulting. In return for your talent and effort, we offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package—including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employer-matching 401(k), a flexible work schedule, and opportunities for advancement.
Analysis of human injury resulting from vehicular accidents, mechanical failures, falls, and falling objects, as well as industrial, construction, marine, and recreational accidents. Responsibilities will include practicing vehicle accident reconstruction. Reviewing of material (e.g., photographs, witness statements, depositions, police reports, medical and chiropractic records) to provide logical conclusions. You must be able to identify and apply pertinent research literature and government regulations. Conduct field evaluations and provide oral and written reports of findings. Provide expert witness testimony via depositions or in a court of law, as needed. Travel required primarily within the South Central Region and occasionally outside the South Central United States as required to support the Company. Develop client relationships by providing and maintaining the company’s high standard of customer service excellence and proactive client communications. Work with local and national marketing managers to establish and grow relationships. Multitask to meet the scheduling commitments of multiple clients and assignments.
- Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering is highly preferred. Candidates with a Master’s degree in Biomedical Engineering will be considered based on years of professional experience. A Mechanical Engineering background is a plus. P.E. License a plus. If the successful applicant lacks a P.E. license s/he will be required to obtain it.
- Minimum of 5 years’ in Biomechanical Engineering is required.
- Extensive knowledge of biomechanical analysis of human motion is also required. Vehicle accident reconstruction experience and Prior Forensic experience is a plus.
- The right candidate must possess all of the following: an open attitude and willingness to learn and develop skills as a forensic engineer, be outgoing and able to interact with staff, clients, and home/business owners, perform under pressure and meet deadlines, excellent verbal communication skills and technical writing abilities.
- Must be willing to travel in and out of state on assignments or to respond to catastrophic events. This position requires that you have the physical ability to perform all of the following functions: Climb ladders, walk on roofs, enter and work in confined spaces, operate a lift, work outdoors in hot or cold weather, lift up to 50 pounds, use necessary safety equipment, perform duties that may require standing, walking, bending, kneeling, or squatting for prolonged periods of time.