Rimkus Consulting Group, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Fire Investigator (Part-Time)
at Rimkus Consulting Group, Inc.
- # of Openings
- Fire Consultants
Are you a problem solver? Do you have excellent communication and writing skills? Are you motivated when working on your own? Do you demand personal excellence from yourself and strive to improve your professional skill set? If you answer yes to all of the above questions, apply today to become a part of our team.
Rimkus Consulting Group, Inc. is seeking a part-time fire consultant/investigator based out of our Shreveport, Louisiana office to cover fire investigation assignments in northern Louisiana, eastern Texas and southwestern Arkansas.
The fire consultant/investigator is responsible for inspecting fire scenes. He/she will make all the required inspection and all other work necessary to determine the origin and cause of fires and explosions. He/she will convey their findings and conclusion to others in a clear and concise manner, usually through a written report. If necessary they will defend their findings and opinions through depositions and court testimony.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Timely field visits to loss sites to conduct inspections.
• Provides honest and unbiased analysis and consultation on various fires and explosions.
• Field inspection and research on a consistent basis.
• Must travel from site to site to perform investigations within a 100 mile radius (further when required) from the assigned office.
• Will have close client interaction often dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
• Writes and submits detailed and accurate reports on completed investigations in a timely manner in accordance with company guidelines.
• Will communicate with clients to provide timelines and project updates on a consistent basis.
• Must be willing and able to provide expert testimony and/or depositions on an as needed basis.
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule during periods of peak business demand.
• Will provide excellent customer service to both the company’s internal and external customers.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• Must have CFEI certification through NAFI.
• Prefer Certified Fire Investigator certification through the IAAI, or ability to obtain within 6 months.
• Must hold, or have the ability to obtain a Private Investigator License in the states in which they are assigned within 60 days of employment (if applicable).
• Must be familiar with NFPA 921 and qualify as a fire investigator based on NFPA 1033.
• Previous expert testimony or deposition experience highly preferred but not required.
• Degree or some college coursework is preferred but not required.
• Must have at least 2-4 years of hands on experience working in the public and/or private sectors performing origin and cause investigations on residential and commercial structures, vehicles and heavy equipment.
• Must be extremely well organized with the ability to deliver fast and accurate turnaround times.
• Must be able to handle multiple project workload and periods of high stress, especially during times of peak business demand.
• Must be hands on and able to climb ladders, roofs, crawl in tight spaces, etc. on an as needed basis.
• Meet all standards for pre-employment physical examination.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be team oriented and enjoy service oriented type work.
• Must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record in accordance with the firm’s guidelines.
• Must have superior customer service skills.
• Must conduct business in an honest and ethical fashion at all times.
• Experience with writing detailed reports is highly preferred.
• Must have excellent overall computer skills.
• Must meet or exceed company aptitude standards regarding overall computer and technical proficiency.
• Must have a valid driver’s license with a clear driving record.
• Must have the ability to work efficiently with little or no supervision.
• Must be willing to travel and/or work a flexible schedule during periods of peak demand.
• Frequently required to stand on one’s feet for prolonged periods of time.
• Frequently required to lift and/or move objects weighing 50-100 lbs.
• Frequently required to climb onto first and second story roofs, ascend/descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, etc.
• Frequently required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Frequently required to drive a vehicle for extended periods of time.
• Frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
• Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
• Frequently required to sit at a computer and look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.