Rimkus Consulting Group, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Rimkus Consulting Group, Inc.
- # of Openings
- Engineering/Technical Consultants
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer with a PE license to provide forensic consulting services requiring mechanical engineering expertise for insurance, legal, industrial and other clients. This position involves evaluating injury and property damage claims caused by various products, motorized equipment, vehicles or machines, providing oral and written reports of findings and, when needed, expert testimony. In return for your talent and effort, we offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package—including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employer-matching 401(k), a flexible work schedule, and opportunities for advancement.In this position you will apply your technical knowledge to help assess and determine the origin and cause of complex and unique problems for our clients. You will investigate equipment, pipe, appliance, material, and systems failures, working as part of a team, with other engineering specialties, to determine the root cause of an incident. Experience including heavy equipment, automotive, appliances, fire suppression systems, fuel distribution, HVAC, or accident reconstruction background is valuable.
- Investigates how and why an incident occurred and determine whether it was a result of mechanical failure of equipment.
- Inspects sites/products/equipment; performs electronic data retrieval and analysis of commercial and non-commercial equipment; documents site/product conditions, determines origin and cause of damage; performs site surveys with total station survey equipment; performs mechanical engineering calculations; prepares CAD-based and manual sketches as required; orders and evaluates required laboratory testing and performs analyses.
- Conducts various analyses including, but not limited to, industrial safety and accidents; equipment and machinery design and failure; product liability, and design and safety.
- Initiates, develops, and maintains mutually beneficial client relationships.
- Performs forensic assignments within the field of mechanical engineering expertise based on a scope of work and budget prepared by the consultant and agreed upon by the client in advance of performing the work.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering degree or higher.
- P.E. required.
- 5 years of experience, including automotive, heavy equipment and/or fire background.
- Project management and/or field investigation experience required.
- Physical ability to perform all of the following functions is required: climb ladders, walk on roofs, enter and work in confined spaces, work outdoors in hot or cold weather, lift up to 50 pounds, and use necessary safety equipment.
- Perform duties that may require standing, walking, bending, kneeling, or squatting for prolonged periods of time.