Sargent & Lundy LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Construction Manager - Nuclear
at Sargent & Lundy LLC
- United States
- Area of Interest
- Full Time - Regular
- Job ID
COVID-19 Precaution: Virtual Interviews
Our commitment to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them thrive professionally is stronger than ever. Because the health of our employees and candidates is a top priority, we will be conducting our hiring process virtually and conducting interviews via phone or video until further notice. We will provide candidates selected for interviews with all the required instructions. Thank you for your interest in Sargent & Lundy.
Sargent & Lundy provides comprehensive engineering, design, analysis, and consulting for energy and industrial markets worldwide. Our professional and highly experienced staff have the ability and know-how to take on the smallest of tasks to scope-intensive, complex projects. If you are interested in this type of dynamic work, consider joining the Sargent & Lundy team.
We are currently recruiting for a Nuclear Focused Construction Manager with Mechanical experience leading complex, Nuclear Construction Projects. The position is located in Welch, Minnesota (28 Miles SE of Minneapolis, MN). This is a full-time opportunity and this field assignment has an expected duration of 1 + years.
- Managing self-performed complex nuclear repair and restoration projects at Nuclear facilities.
- Developing and managing schedules in collaboration with field leadership.
- Providing strong leadership and supervision to project teams (including other Project Managers, Field Managers, Project Engineers, and field crews) and subcontractors.
- Demonstrating dedication to safety and quality control on all projects.
- Ability to work with in the Protected Area (PA) with unescorted access.
- Demonstrated capability to successfully manage construction projects in the range of $1 Million - $10 Million in contract value.
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
- BA/BS degree in a related field and 15 years of project/construction managerial experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Typical experience ranges from 15-20 years.
- Minimum 5 years working in a Nuclear facility.
- Previous experience managing projects that include mechanical repair in the nuclear power and energy industry.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with nuclear facility construction Project Support.
- General knowledge of DOE readiness review order.
- Knowledge of and experience with DOE nuclear safety including technical safety requirements, processes and reporting requirements.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Expert PC skills including Microsoft applications.
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.